post Aug 6 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,250
Favorite Truck Camper(s): TBD
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2005 GMC 2500 3/4-Ton FWD
Type of Tiedowns used: TBD
Truck and Camper Setup: TBD

Hello All. This is my first posting. After years of tent camping, I'd like to make the move to a truck camper, as I wish to haul my boat, ATV , or Jeep with me. I am rather limited in camper choices, as I have a 2001 GMC Sierra Z71 1/2-ton. What I am looking for is a pop-up that will fit my truck with no additional air-bags, levelers, etc. I'm leaning towards acquiring a used one, for financial reasons, but if anyone can give me a compelling argument for buying new, I'd certainly consider it. I would welcome any comments regarding type and manufacturer. Does anyone use the same type of truck I have? What's the best used campers to buy? What should I look for in buying used?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Haus
post Aug 28 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,299
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 04 Silverado 1500
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: 06 Lance 815 04 Chevy Silverado Happijac Tiedown timbren-m-41.html">Timbrens

This camper works good on my truck, if you can find a used one- it's a solid camper not a pop-up. I did not have to do anything to the suspension.

02 Sun Valley 690 SE

04 Chevy Silverado 1500 short bed
+Quote Post
coyoterv4u@yahoo.com
post Oct 17 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,459
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Phoenix
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: chevy 1500 silverado
Type of Tiedowns used: phoenix
Truck and Camper Setup: chevy silverado 97 with custom phoenix pop up 8.5'

Hi There, Just so you know I WORK AT COYOTE RV, makers of PHOENIX POP UP TRUCK CAMPERS. So, yes, please do take my opinion with a "grain of salt." That being said, if you don't find just what you want in the used camper market, please do go to our web site www.coyoterv.biz and send in a "U build it" response, with a simple list of what you would like on your camper. You might find that you can get a brand new, custom built camper, with just what you want on it, for a very reasonable price! It's free to take a look anyway. Thank You, and I do hope you find just what you need and want! Rob

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:36 PM