Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,857
Favorite Truck Camper(s): okanagan/bigfoot
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: dodge 3500 dually
Type of Tiedowns used: none yet
Truck and Camper Setup: not set up yet researching purchase

Hello everyone,

New to TCing but have our sights on a 2007 Lance 1055. The unit was not used much and in the past 2 years it's sat unused. There is a slight moisture problem on the passenger side panel rear skirt but the damage seems contained to the lower 2-3 inches on the panel with some bubbling of the white figerglass panel. We're not sure if it sat covered or not but there is lots of visible green mildew on the awnings as well as around all the corner beads and the caulking seems to have seeped out...not sure how to explain this one and not sure if Lance uses a different sealant under the corner beads then applies an exterior caulking...if so then it's the first stickier caulking or sealant that's coming out...wondering if maybe because it was covered for 2 years that with the heat extreme heat it did this? Anyone have this happen or seen it? We also noticed around the Atwood jacks the same caulking oozing from each screw head..is it standard to put caulking under the jacks before putting screws in? All this dirty oozing caulking makes the unit look rather run down and weathered on the outside. Also husband is concerned with tanks not having been used could this be a concern? He's also wondering location of fresh and gray tanks and how and if you had to service them how do you gain access....I can't seem to find a schematic of the build...if anyone has one they could pass along I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you for any input.

smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Electric Don
post Feb 21 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,297
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 805
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 Ford F250 4X4 Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Basic turnbuckles
Truck and Camper Setup: Camper is 8 feet, designed for short box truck.

I was able to get some very detailed drawings and advice from Lance by simply emailing them with my questions. Try contacting Mike Conley at the following address: mikec@lancecamper.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:05 PM