mar-t7
post Nov 4 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,027
Favorite Truck Camper(s): na
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2012 chevy 2500 hd
Type of Tiedowns used: home made
Truck and Camper Setup: 2012 chevy 2500 hd long box, 2006 sun-lite 865 se, 2000 triton tr-186 with 2011 mercury 150 pro xs

hi guys,

im new to this forum, live in the great white north, and looking for a camper unit which would allow me to leave my tailgate on my long box 3/4 ton box, i would be installing chains on the tailgate with a plastic covers (so that it dosent scratch) to hold the weight, as well as a hitch extension with a plate underneath to hold up the excess (homemade) looking for a ten foot+ model, there dosent seam to be to much selection of truck campers where i live in northern ontario where you can leave the tailgate on.

ive heard all the reasons why i shouldnt leave my tailgate on, ive got fixes for some, including the chains on the tailgate, hitch options, and the tractor mud flaps installed already (to prevent rock chip damage to the tailgate and boat).

i know the travel-lites and palimino manufactures, i cannot do what i want to do, do you guys know of any camper manufacture in which would give me the ability to do this?

things to consider is the plumbing and structure of the camper that would limit this kind of setup.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fatboy
post Nov 26 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,077
Favorite Truck Camper(s): None
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2008 F250 6.4L Crew 2x2 SRW
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: Nothing

I read your post a couple of times and couldn't figure out why you would want to leave your tailgate on the truck. I can't think of any reason to do this but then I am not the sharpest crayon in the box. smile.gif

If I drop the tail gate on my truck, the backup sensors all start yelling when I put it in reverse and so I keep it latched. With camper the gate is off ... which ... also increases my payload by the weight of the tail gate which I am removing from the truck. Nice.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:31 PM