Gundy2000
post May 5 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,133
Favorite Truck Camper(s): unsure
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 1500
Type of Tiedowns used: searching still
Truck and Camper Setup: Dodge 1500, Unnamed pop up truck camper.

I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone can help me figure out a problem. I have a new 2008 Dodge 1500 and I'm looking to find away to attach my truck camper to it. My camper is a few years old and is the pop-up style. It has no name as the guy I bought it from said he got it from a guy who worked in a camper factory and made it himself. Its a nice camper. However, with my old dodge I was able to put in the pocket style tie downs but it scratched the truck pretty bad. My new truck doesn't have the lip for the tie downs to clamp to. I can't really afford $600 worth of new frame mount tie downs nor do I want to drill holes into my new truck.
Now my question is, can I use Bull Ring pocket tie downs that say they are rated for 1000# each for tie downs? Has anyone done this before? I can get 4 for $60 which is considerably cheaper then the other options.
And no my camper does not have a tag stating its weight. I figure its on the lighter end as it has no oven or refrigerator and its a pop up. I would have it weighed but have no way of transporting it. mad.gif
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 02:47 PM