jashyd
post Jan 14 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,931
Favorite Truck Camper(s): lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2004 dodge duelly diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: ect
Truck and Camper Setup: new member looking to changing from 5th.wheel to truck camper.

Hello, I am a new member here. I am changing from a 5th. wheel camper to a truck camper . I have a 2004 dodge 1 ton dually diesel long bed. My problem is I don't know what size camper will be right for our needs. we may have as many as 4 adults some times but mostly just 2 or 3 . I do want a dry bath ,A/c furnace ,most all common items . I am wanting a used one . I was told that a Lance is the best but that to me is hear say . We camp 2 to 3 weeks a year and some weekends . I need advice from all you good folks . Thank You.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
JADE RACING
post Jan 16 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,895
Favorite Truck Camper(s): adventurer
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 07 gmc 3500 dually D/A
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift/fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: 07GMC3500 dually diesel/auto airbags torklift tiedowns/fastguns 56 gal transferflow tank banks spd brake/tuner;06 adventurer 106DBS 2.5ownan geny awning topper torklift stairs remote bbq rear awning ext trl hitch/basket for sewer tote

I can see that you are in a similar position as we were a few years ago. We purchased a 09 Travellite 1100XL Ultra from a private owner whom was not up to proper maintenance with this unit. Before we could use it I spent nearly a month of daily work stripping off it's skin to replace wet rotted wood framing. I got it completed and did a maiden voyage during a week long rain with great results. We found that we didn't have enough room with our dog and cat to travel as we wanted. We had conversed with Bill @ Truck Camper Wharehouse in New Hampshire before when we were getting ready to sell our 37' 5th wheel and he had quite a few used units on his lot. We stopped by on our way thru and worked a deal on our new to us 06 Adventurer 106 DBS T/C. We went from a wet bath non slide wood frame unit to a dry bath single slide aluminum framed unit with a winter based build generator on board unit that we both could feel comfortable in. Yes we have had a few glitches in the last 4&1/2 years BUT we have been able to get to some incredible camp sites which the 5th wheel could not make. Don't put Lance at the top of the pile as they also have problems if not maintained.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 12:54 PM