Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Old Truck Camper
Truck Camper Forum > General > General Discussion
Nan1222
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone would know the weight of this camper? Looking to buy it but not sure if my 2013 F150 would tow it. Help??[attachmentid=753]
SidecarFlip
More than 1000 pounds but less than 3500 pounds.
RV_Tech
I'm not clear. You say "tow", are you going to put it on a trailer and tow it, or haul it in the bed of your truck. I'm betting it will put you over your ratings if you intend to haul it in the bed.
wintertree
No tags or decals on the unit (which may not be helpful anyway)....you will have to do some homework....find examples of other units of similar size / vintage....equipped the same or close.....where the owner has weighed things....Might be a long shot.....find one that has some info on line....don't swallow that data....find a few and do an average...
Your 1/2 ton does not have much payload so beware...and hopefully the unit in the pic is cheap..
DWJoyce
QUOTE(Nan1222 @ Mar 12 2018, 02:19 PM)
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone would know the weight of this camper? Looking to buy it but not sure if my 2013 F150 would tow it.  Help??[attachmentid=753]

I've got one similar that weights about 1000lbs wet. Put it on your truck and go find a truck scale. Your 1/2 ton should handle 1500 pounds easy. Air bags will make it ride better.
SidecarFlip
QUOTE(DWJoyce @ Mar 15 2018, 07:03 PM)
I've got one similar that weights about 1000lbs wet. Put it on your truck and go find a truck scale. Your 1/2 ton should handle 1500 pounds easy. Air bags will make it ride better.

Weight will all depend on what is inside (options). A shell won't weigh much. An equipped unit will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.