Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: My setup. 01' GMC ECSB, 8ft viking popup
Truck Camper Forum > General > Matching Truck and Camper
TODDFINK
Hello, I am new here. I have been lurking for a while. I have had my truck for a few years. I usually tow my jeep to off road parks and last april I tent camped and i was more than uncomfortable. I decided that I was done with tents and I should have enough truck for a small camper. I scoured craigslist and finally found a TC with potnetial.

It is a 92' viking popup. It needed some work but was solid and for $500 it was in my price range. smile.gif

Day I brought it home.:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

So what it needed was some love to the mount/jack points. I eneded up replacing all of the wood around all of the mounts. It was a tedious process but truned out well. It was not expensive just time comsuming. I cannot seem to find my under construction pics but trust me. She was in pieces. LOL.

So while working on the mount/jack points i decided to beef them up some. I wanted to keep the weight down but still make them stronger than just bolting thru the plywood.

I ended up using 1/8 steel plates on the top and bottom of all of the mount and jack points. It is super strong now. smile.gif I also built stake pocket rails to tie all 4 pockes together and a "pin" system to tie the camper to the truck. My stake poket mounts have passthru the bed mounts to the frame as well. It's super low profile, and really easy to hook up and unhook.

I also rewired the whole thing as well as replaced all of the water lines.

Any way thats a lot of words. LOL! I took it out for it's maiden voyage last weekend and it didi awesome! Glad to be here.

Anyway pics of it in it's natural envirionment.

user posted image

user posted image

My aux battery mount under the passenger side as well as the battery disconect switch. Built the box myself and it lowers with two jack screws to access the battery.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The solenoids are for my small plow winch.
Spanky
Penthouse on wheels....good job....
TODDFINK
Thanks! It is minimal but adequate for sure. smile.gif
KY_Campers
Welcome to the Forum! smile.gif

That's a nice lookin' camper!

Thanks for sharing!... Hope you enjoy it!
TODDFINK
Thanks for the welcome!

It has been a blast so far. I need to get some pics of my mount setup too.
KY_Campers
QUOTE(TODDFINK @ Oct 1 2012, 09:49 AM)
Thanks for the welcome!

It has been a blast so far. I need to get some pics of my mount setup too.

Yeah, Truck campers are great, Especially when you want to tow a boat etc.. etc..... I sure don't miss my travel trailers! smile.gif ... When I owned travel trailers me & my wife had to take two vehicles if we wanted to take our boat.

Yes, post some pictures of your mount setup!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.