Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Dropping Your Camper
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
sts502
In the event you want to drop your camper while out and about or simply while it is stored. Does anyone have a good method for sharing the load instead of simply placing the load on all four jacks? If mine is on all four jacks and dropped low, it still has a bit of movement. I would like something I can take with me to assist in stabilizing it while camping.......any ideas??

Regards
kerry4951
Sorry I tried to send you a few pics of what I have to support my TC, but am unable. Since there is seldom a pic posted on this RV site, I assume its not just me thats having problems. I have no problems with any of the other sites. If I had your email, I could send them direct.
Spanky
Like with a regular email, where it says "file attachment" click browse and browse to the desired file. Once file is selected click "Add this attachment." I'm not sure what you are having trouble with.
kerry4951
Ive tried that, several times, but I keep getting the a pop up where I am denied access due to: "suitable permissions have not been enabled on the uploads directory", whatever that means.
KY_Campers
QUOTE(sts502 @ May 24 2011, 05:13 PM)
In the event you want to drop your camper while out and about or simply while it is stored. Does anyone have a good method for sharing the load instead of simply placing the load on all four jacks? If mine is on all four jacks and dropped low, it still has a bit of movement. I would like something I can take with me to assist in stabilizing it while camping.......any ideas??

Regards

I always unload my camper when I pull into a campground.

I put 2 ''scissor jacks'' under the corners... One at the front corner, and one at the rear corner on the opposite side of the front scissor jack.

I only lift the jack enough to put some pressure on the camper ''without'' lifting it high enough that the camper jack would come off the ground... The 2 scissor jacks helps the camper a lot!... I bought the scissor jacks at Walmart.

I can't post pictures here either that would be ''Thumbnail Pictures''. .. It just doesn't work like it's suppose to! rolleyes.gif
Madrudy
I'd like to drop my Lance 821 cabover and use it, is there any good way of supporting the cabover part of the camper?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.