Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Tie down turbuckles
Truck Camper Forum > General > Support Equipment
CAEMI
Why are the two front turnbuckles spring-loaded and the two rear ones not?
Spanky
Choice I suppose, all 4 of mine are spring loaded...
humboldt chrisandrobin
my front ones aren't and my back ones are - came that way and didn't know any different. Guess it is pretty random!
rickf
the fronts should be spring loaded because they are mounted to a solid mount usually. The rears are usually mounted to a bumper mount and there is play in he bumper so the springload would give too much play.

Rick
kerry4951
They should all be spring loaded. If you are using your rear buimper (Happijacs), you best reinforce the bumper so it doesnt move and get yourself spring loaded turnbuckles. Its that stress on your bumper that will ruin your bumper over time.
rickf
I use Torklift frame mounts and spring loaded Fastguns all around.

Rick
DirtyMaxx1
QUOTE(rickf @ Aug 11 2011, 09:39 AM)
I use Torklift frame mounts and spring loaded Fastguns all around.

Rick

i have a 2011 chev long box dually and i am wondering if the torklift front tie downs require any drilling to be mounted?
rickf
QUOTE(DirtyMaxx1 @ Sep 17 2011, 04:16 PM)
i have a 2011 chev long box dually and i am wondering if the torklift front tie downs require any drilling to be mounted?

They pride themselves on no drill applications. I don't know if they have them for 2011's yet but give Candice or Jay a call and they will be glad to help. I don't have the number in front of me but just google "Tork;ift"

Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.