Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Camper jacks
Truck Camper Forum > General > General Discussion
tully
We just bought a camper popup and was wondering if anyone has made there own adapter for a drill to raise jacks, call me cheap but $40-$60 for a adapter is too much..

tully
Spanky
Yes I made one and I use my battery drill and my elec drill to raise and lower the jacks to ground level but then use crank to pick the camper up.
SUPERBASH
I got over the sticker shock & bought an adapter for Rieco Titan . $43 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dril-Adapte...sQ5fAccessories

user posted image
ShePointsIDig
QUOTE(tully @ Mar 14 2010, 01:53 PM)
We just bought a camper popup and was wondering if anyone has made there own adapter for a drill to raise jacks, call me cheap but $40-$60 for a adapter is too much..

tully

I took a cutoff wheel to cut a notch in a 3/8-drive socket. Make the notch just deep enough to engage the little stud on the crankshaft. Use an adapter in the drill to drive the socket. (My Ace Hardware has a jar of them by the register.) You can still use the socket on bolts.

Make sure your toes are out from under the foot on the jack when you run it down. That would really hurt.

Art
tully
Update on the jack thing, I made my own, 1" condueit and some welding and it works fine.

now on to my own tie downs! ! ! !
BobC
Here is a link for the Atwood Jack Drill Adapter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.