post Jul 13 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,477
Favorite Truck Camper(s): SunLINE
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: SunLINE
Type of Tiedowns used: N/A
Truck and Camper Setup: F-150 with SunLINE Sportster

Worked on getting the leaks fixed in the camper. The toilet and one of the fittings was no problem. The third lead however was rather difficult, what do you guys think? Can it be fixed?

user posted image

On a more serious note, anyone know of any good used parts dealers? I googled the heaters model number and serial number and didn't find anything.

For now we are just going to cap the LP and water lines. I'm going go run the fill hose for the hot water tank to the flush hose for the toilet, anyone see any problem with that as a temporary fix.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mh45472
post Jul 14 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,941
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Elkhorn 8R
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: GMC Sierra 2500 HD SRW 4 x 4 Ext. Cab Short box
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: GMC 2500 HD, Air bags, Happijacs, custom hitch box extension, Fleetwood Elkhorn 8R, pretty much loaded

Isn't there already a water line going to the toilet? Why not just cap the heater fill?
+Quote Post
Tayook
post Jul 14 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(mh45472 @ Jul 14 2010, 08:02 AM)
Isn't there already a water line going to the toilet?  Why not just cap the heater fill?

The fill line that runs to the toilet came from the hot water tank. If you look at the photo of the hot water tank, the discharge had connections going front and back. The rear connection went to the toilet and the front connection went to the bathroom sink and the kitchen sink.
+Quote Post
Rob Cook
post Jul 15 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,557
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: alise
Type of Tiedowns used: not sure
Truck and Camper Setup: It very old, but i like it

QUOTE(Tayook @ Jul 14 2010, 09:05 AM)
The fill line that runs to the toilet came from the hot water tank. If you look at the photo of the hot water tank, the discharge had connections going front and back. The rear connection went to the toilet and the front connection went to the bathroom sink and the kitchen sink.

I don't think this is repairable, & if u make or repair so its very much change to be break it again. so its better to go for new one. i know its bit of expensive,
+Quote Post
KY_Campers
post Jul 16 2010, 06:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,413
Favorite Truck Camper(s): .....
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: ......
Type of Tiedowns used: .......
Truck and Camper Setup: .........

QUOTE(Tayook @ Jul 13 2010, 10:11 PM)
Worked on getting the leaks fixed in the camper. The toilet and one of the fittings was no problem. The third lead however was rather difficult, what do you guys think? Can it be fixed?

On a more serious note, anyone know of any good used parts dealers? I googled the heaters model number and serial number and didn't find anything.

For now we are just going to cap the LP and water lines. I'm going go run the fill hose for the hot water tank to the flush hose for the toilet, anyone see any problem with that as a temporary fix.

Hello,

I can weld any kind of metal!.... It can be fixed, BUT, what it would cost you to take it to someone so they can weld it, You could just about buy a new tank!

I did a search, and can't find any info' either.

I looked at your picture again, and it would be hard to get the tank back in the right place so it could be welded.

Good-Luck!.... Keep us posted & I hope you get your camper fixed!

--------------------
. . . .
+Quote Post
Tayook
post Jul 16 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #6

We just bypassed the tank. We are going to cut the tank off so we can still use the door so there isn't a big hole in the camper and everything still matches.

We will probably just buy one of the solar water bags to hang outside if we want warm water for something or heat it on the stove ... if that works.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:13 AM