post Aug 28 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,731
Favorite Truck Camper(s): starcraft
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Silverado 1500
Type of Tiedowns used: Turn Buckle
Truck and Camper Setup: NA

I bought a starcraft pop up style truck camper & am re doing all the rotted wood. It has an aluminum type flat roll skin. Anyone have an idea where I can get a similar material? Thanks, Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RV_Tech
post Aug 28 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

QUOTE(mspaci @ Aug 28 2017, 02:15 PM)
I bought a starcraft pop up style truck camper & am re doing all the rotted wood. It has an aluminum type flat roll skin. Anyone have an idea where I can get a similar material?  Thanks,  Mike

Yeah, you can get it here http://www.all-rite.com/siding, although don't be surprised if the shipping cost more than the siding as they have to built a wood crate for it. This is where dealerships get much of their siding in both fiberglass and aluminum. I have ordered from them while I was still in business, but they will also sell to retail customers. They do ship promptly by big truck unless you have them cut it down to a size UPS can handle.

I now get 5' x 10' 30 ga. sheets of aluminum here locally in Bristol, TN. from a small family owned business that builds junior dragsters. It come prepainted white on one side, black on the other with a plastic peel-off film on both sides which protects the finish until I am done fabricating.

I would also suggest you check local RV dealers and look online as sources change frequently. If you want to go with diamond plate, I have found my local welding shop stocks that and I am sure others do also.

Good hunting,

Steve
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Aug 28 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

Actually, if you carefully remove it, you can reuse it but you are probably past that point.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:02 PM