aqualung
post Jan 25 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

Looks great! I'd love to see some pics of the whole rig once you have it all together.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Oscar
post Jan 28 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 6,383
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance, I think.
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Chevy 3500HD CC LB DRW DmaxAllison
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift With Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Chevy 3500 Dmax CC DRW. Torklift tie downs. 2012 Lance 1191

Well, it is done. Mostly good, a few detractions.

Friday night hauled from Eastern PA up to Manchester NH. Snowing.....traffic.....idiots.....more snow. 360 miles should have taken 5 hours, it took 7. Average speed 45 mph.

Got to hotel in Manchester (we were there for an SCA event...Google that) and had it set up so that the next morning I "escaped" to go to Campers Inn of Merrimack NH. Nothing but good to say about them. Professional, large, seriously run operation. They kindly took my salt covered rig in and washed it while I did the paperwork. Then I spent a good 2 hours with one of their techs to get familiar with the unit and load it on the truck. A nice experience all around.

Drove back to hotel, parked in employee lot out back and the next morning drove home. It rides VERY well. A little more '76 Impala sway than empty (duh) but very controllable and pleasant. I have no urge to run out and get performance enhancing hardware at all. Truck sat nice and level too. No ass heavy look.

So far so good. Unfortunately a stop at a CAT scale told a less pleasant story. This unit is in the brochures at 3500 dry, the sticker on it says 4000 and apparently that is before they put the batteries, propane and a few more things in there. Best I can tell, it's well north of 4500#. Add three people, stuff in the truck and a 250 pound tongue weight for the VERY lightly loaded cargo trailer on the hitch extender and the whole thing was 440# north of the 13000# GVWR. And that's before we put ANYTHING in the many, many storage compartments.

Realistically speaking, the Lance people should not market this as something that one can put on a pick-up truck, not even a one ton dually. Period. This technically takes an MDT. But, it is what it is.

But, as I said it all handles well, so we'll keep the weight to a minimum.

Oh, the unit is AWESOME. We are going to have a LOT of fun with this.
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Jan 29 2013, 05:40 AM
Post #23

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

It sure looks heavy, but very nice.

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post
aqualung
post Jan 30 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

Nice looking rig! Congrats!

Now you got me thinking about an upgrade unsure.gif I just hope my wife doesn't see these pictures, it could turn into a very expensive proposition for me!! blink.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages < 1 2
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:18 AM