Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> building a bug out camper, what should i look out for

bikevision
post Nov 1 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,497
Favorite Truck Camper(s): '76 Honey
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 93 dodge 1ton dually 511,000 miles 99 f350 quad cab dually 435,000 miles
Type of Tiedowns used: custom turnbuckles
Truck and Camper Setup: right now i got a 8ft 1974 Sportsman by K-Z inc. im rebuilding on my 93 dodge dually, behind that i haul a converted 14ft. hard sided popup to haul my motorcycle and tools. its a moble shed

i bought a 74 K-Z sportsmen for $100. it needs some work, mostly replacing paneling inside. i got this camper to replace my motorhome. i was full timing in the motorhome till it started to fall apart. (i bought a lemon) now im back home and got this old slide in and have the itch to hit the road.

im looking for ideas. anthing i should do or shouldnt do while im working on the slide in. the slide in has a sink stove (no oven) ice box, and furnace. i can live in small spaces. i prefer it. i had a old 76 honey that was going to be my bug out camper but was too big to leave in the back of my truck all the time and was to old to take in and out alot. ive got a 1 ton dodge dually but its a little warn with 511,000 miles. i also have a 14ft converted popup to trailer/shed that i will be hauling behind the truck. it hauled great behind the motorhome but not so good with just 1/2 ton truck. hoping my dodge with the camper on back will make it better.

the motorhome was nice but i couldnt afford the fuel. 8mpg when my dodge at its worst was 11 without over drive. (im planning a veggie oil tank add on) the trailer will provide the extra storage that he slide it doesent have. im also thinking of putting a solar setup either on the trailer or slidein but first i have to get the slide in fixed

heres a pic of my motorhome and trailer.

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 AM