Freespool
post Jun 15 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Since I am somewhat new to truck camping I am following the advice of others, and learning as I go. My latest purchase was a Dee Zee bed mat for my 8 foot bed. For those of you who need to pay very close attention to your gross weight be advised that my mat weighted 57 pounds. That's the weight of a #24 battery for something that's not much different than a piece of carpet under your TC.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DA TOAD
post Jun 16 2016, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,297
Favorite Truck Camper(s): North Star
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250 CrewCab, 8'bed, 6.2 ltr, w/camper package
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: I don't have either yet but will withing the next month. Pretty much set on the truck but still looking at campers but tending towards North Stars.

QUOTE(Freespool @ Jun 15 2016, 07:04 PM)
Since I am somewhat new to truck camping I am following the advice of others, and learning as I go.  My latest purchase was a Dee Zee bed mat for my 8 foot bed.  For those of you who need to pay very close attention to your gross weight be advised that my mat weighted 57 pounds.  That's the weight of a #24 battery for something that's not much different than a piece of carpet under your TC.

Yes...those rubber mats are heavy but worth every ounce of weight to keep the TC from moving.
+Quote Post
Freespool
post Jun 17 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Congratulations Da Toad on your TC. I saw that you recently bought that 1140. I have been looking and comparing for close to a year now and keep coming back to the same model. The truck has been bought and soon will be outfitted with a super hitch, Tallons, Fasguns, stable loads and the Helll Wig air bag. The big Eagle Caps are great but the weight and cost is a bit much. I like the 116ds Adventure and can do the weight but it is a little shy on cabinet space for clothes. The 1140 with it's 8 cubic foot fridge, heavy duty slide assembly, big tanks and lots of cabinets make it a clear winner for my needs. I just wish more people sold them in So Cal. I have missed the up coming run in August and will probably have to wait for the first run in 2017 during the winter. I plan to order over the phone and drive up for a W/C, that way I can make a mini vacation out of the trip and by doing this I will save money and also not have to worry about some yahoo jacking up my investment during transport. I can hardly wait to take my bass boat on vacation. Rental boats just don't cut it for the type of fishing I normally do. Keep us posted while you enjoy your new truck camper.

+Quote Post
DA TOAD
post Jun 20 2016, 09:45 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,297
Favorite Truck Camper(s): North Star
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250 CrewCab, 8'bed, 6.2 ltr, w/camper package
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: I don't have either yet but will withing the next month. Pretty much set on the truck but still looking at campers but tending towards North Stars.

Getting it this Friday....can't wait.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 AM