post Oct 1 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,197
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Lance
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2016 F250 Super Crew 4x4 6.2L gas 2017 Lance 825

Just purchased a 2017 Lance 825 and will not have it until early spring 2017. What is everyone's option on installing air bags even with my F250 having the factory camper package?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freespool
post Oct 2 2016, 07:57 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Good morning Joe, I would wait and see how the camper looks and feels before I spent more money. Maybe you will get lucky and not need anything, but if you do it's easy to add later. I am starting with air bags on my 3500. My next step if needed will be a upper stable load bracket, this will engage my upper overload spring sooner. Personally I am not real impressed with the looks of the lower stable load, but I hear they work well. One other option that I have seen is to just custom build a new set of springs for the rear. I saw this recently on a new 350 Ford and it looked perfect. Deaver in southern California did the work. Sometimes the cost of a new spring package installed is competitive with the cost of all the bolt on stuff combined. Look and price out all your options before you start spending. Check out Truck Camper Adventures web site for more must have options and just fun ideas.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:48 PM