post Feb 11 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,387
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1995 Ford F-350XLT Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: F-350XLT:Airbags, Happijac Tiedowns, 1997 Lance 880

Howdy folks. Been a while since I last posted. Got a question for y'all if you don't mind.
Have any of you used a backup camera on your TC? I'm looking at upgrading my truck's radio and was thinking of getting a backup camera on my TC. What I'm wanting is something I can hardwire above the door so that I can see everything behind me. What are your experiences? Any advice you can offer?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mbrink
post Feb 11 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,913
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Artic Fox
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ram 3500 CC, short bed, diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Fast Gun
Truck and Camper Setup: 2018 Dodge, 2011 811 Artic Fox, Torklift tie downs and hitch

I just added a camera to my 2011 AF 811. My 2018 Dodge had a back up camera. I bought a new camera with harness from Brandmotion??, I need to look at my old emails. Camera works great. It is off center, as it mounts to my camper license plate frame. So takes some getting used to compared to the truck tailgate camera. For normal use, is fantastic. Backing up to a trailer not so good as not at center.

Still at great safety addition. When I first got it, it had the wrong plug to match my truck. They quickly corrected it at no cost.

I nice addition and nice it uses my dash display.
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Feb 13 2018, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

I have more than enough 'wires' so I went with a wireless unit. Mine is a Furrion and has it's on monitor. Was a Christmas present last year from my wife and it works great.

I can keep an eye on my quad on the trailer back there and it's nice for backing up too plus I can see traffic behind me and who is tailgating me. Mine has night and day vision.
+Quote Post
Dorado
post Feb 15 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,387
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1995 Ford F-350XLT Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: F-350XLT:Airbags, Happijac Tiedowns, 1997 Lance 880

I've been looking at wireless cameras. I think that they would be a great safety addition. Have any of you tried hooking up a separate wireless transmitter so that it'd run through an in-dash display? I'll be installing a stereo that has a screen.
+Quote Post
krman
post Mar 9 2018, 06:08 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,981
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Palomino
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 Ford F350 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Short Bed 6.7 PSD King Ranch
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift Fast guns
Truck and Camper Setup: 2018 Palomino ss-1251 Backpacker mounted in bed of 2011 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 6.7 PSD King Ranch with short bed. Using spray in liner, rubber bed mat with Torklift Fast guns and Torklift frame mounts on factory hitch.

I bought a Furrion model for right at $300 off amazon. This unit not only functions as a back up camera but also allows me to watch my trailer load while driving. I would highly recomend something unless you always have a second set of eyes when backing up. The unit is wireless and was an easy install.
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Mar 11 2018, 11:37 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

QUOTE(krman @ Mar 9 2018, 06:08 AM)
I bought a Furrion model for right at $300 off amazon. This unit not only functions as a back up camera but also allows me to watch my trailer load while driving. I would highly recomend something unless you always have a second set of eyes when backing up. The unit is wireless and was an easy install.

I have a Backpack as well but a 1500SS with a wet bath. Quite happy with mine. Had to modify it a bit however. Added a set of TL Glo-Step revolutions and a stinky slinky compartment underneath (PVC hollow fence post with caps). None of the Backpack SS's have sewer hose storage from the factory. Not a good design IMO.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:00 PM