Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,599
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: None
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: 99 Ford F 350 4x4 long bed

Hello,

my name is Johannes and i am from Germany. My wife and me are going to make a South America trip next year for one year. Well will start in the US in August 2016 and want to buy a Lance or similar in the 10 feet class. Pick up is a F 350 we bring with us.

Does anybody have any suggestions what type of camper we should take?

Because it is easier to know already where to find a cabin than to drive through the whole country it would be nice to find somebody who will sell in this time.
It should be a rv with ac, generator and extended cab.
So if any body knows already that he will sell his RV it would be very nice to let me know.

Thank you in advance and excuse my bad english

Johannes
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
17 Oaks
post Dec 6 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,291
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Arctic Fox 1150
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '15 F 350 Dually 4x4 CC/LB King Ranch
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: '15 F350, Rancho 9000XLS, StableLoads, Hellwig Big sway bar

QUOTE(Freddy @ Dec 4 2015, 04:14 AM)
Hello,

my name is Johannes and i am from Germany. My wife and me are going to make a South America trip next year for one year. Well will start in the US in August 2016 and want to buy a Lance or similar in the 10 feet class. Pick up is a F 350 we bring with us.

Does anybody have any suggestions what type of camper we should take?

Because it is easier to know already where to find a cabin than to drive through the whole country it would be nice to find somebody  who will sell in this time.
It should be a rv with ac, generator and extended cab.
So if any body knows already that he will sell his RV it would be very nice to let me know.

Thank you in advance and excuse my bad english

Johannes

I would got with a 4 season camper (Arctic Fox is one) there are several out there now. I have an Arctic Fox 1150, it has more storage in and out than anything I have looked it over the years, its warm when it cold and cold when its warm. Have been in the Sonoran desert with it and temps in the 120's and its in the open and direct sun. AC keeps it cold and have been in low temps sub freezing for days on end and the Heater keeps it warm. It has excellent black, fresh and gray tank capacities and sports 2x 30 lb propane tanks.

If you are planning a trip like that you need something that has lots of capacity as there are not RV camps at every corner like in the US.

Keep us informed and ask lots of questions.
+Quote Post
Freddy
post Dec 7 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,599
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: None
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: 99 Ford F 350 4x4 long bed

Hello,

thanks for your answer, this is very helpful because here in Europe we nearly dont have this RVs. Is the arctic fox really better insulated as the Lance? And does it have a hard top like the lance? Any other differences?

Thank you for your help!

Freddy
+Quote Post
17 Oaks
post Dec 7 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,291
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Arctic Fox 1150
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '15 F 350 Dually 4x4 CC/LB King Ranch
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: '15 F350, Rancho 9000XLS, StableLoads, Hellwig Big sway bar

QUOTE(Freddy @ Dec 7 2015, 11:44 AM)
Hello,

thanks for your answer, this is very helpful because here in Europe we nearly dont have this RVs. Is the arctic fox really better insulated as the Lance? And does it have a hard top like the lance? Any other differences?

Thank you for your help!

Freddy

The AF going back to about '07 if not earlier advertised their TC's as "true 4 Season" TC's and they have an Alum superstructure, I think they may have been the first or at least an early one. Our AF 1150 is an '08 and looks exactly like the '15's in features and design, so you could buy and older model and get the same same as new. As for the roof compared to the Lance, cannot say I do know its a walkable roof and build-able roof. I have a solar panel, in motion satellite system and a Thule storage container on mine that were added on back in '08 and never an issue of any kind. In fact I use the top of my camper to trim the trees on the ranch road to my house, I stand on top with my chain saw and trim the overhanding limbs.

Here is the AF TC brochure and there is a pic in it of 32 employees sitting and standing on the roof at one time: http://northwoodmfg.com/af-camper-brochure/

Wife and I are both engineers and we spent a good year+ looking at and comparing TC's until we made our choice of the AF!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:15 PM