subodh
post Sep 9 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,353
Favorite Truck Camper(s): noname
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: dodge ram 2500
Type of Tiedowns used: noname
Truck and Camper Setup: dodge ram 2500 05 lifted some inches 33" tires 429hp 1050nm

hi everybody im new in this subject,
i want a camper that will fit my
dodge ram 2500 short bed

i have imported it to finland 40 days ago
and here you cant find campers att all for truckt
what brand should i choose?

used one would be nice

please give me som options

in both price ranges

and tell me wats god and bad with the models

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
garbinator
post Sep 13 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #2

Productive Consumer

Member No.: 2,832
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 3500 GMC Dually 4X4 Crew Cab DuraMax w/6sp variable Allison
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac, Altec power jacks
Truck and Camper Setup: Lance Legend 990 fully loaded series, Electric Jacks, Air Bags, heavy duty torsion bar, Titan extend-a-hitch, .357 Mag Marlin Lever Action (Cowboy rifle) for camper defense. Bose Acoustic Wave Machine to Ez the nights away...

This is a tough question. From the looks of your rig it is designed for mainly off-roading and not CAMPER hauling! Most lift kits are NOT designed to carry the type of load in which you seek. Then you must take center of gravity into question. Meaning, by lifting your rig so high equates to a swaying even stabilization issue on any mountain road conditions in addition to high wind situations etc.

Even your tires are note rated to support the weight of a fully self contained camper that I know of. A potential safety issue.

There are some brands here in the United states that are pop-up style campers. It may be a possibility you could find one of these models that could fit your needs. There are so many variables to your question.

Water storage capability versus need?
Black water size/Need?
Generator ready? Versus having only a small say Honda 2000i to fill your needs.

How many people do you wish to accommodate and for how long? Food storage? Equipment and supply storage? Shower needs/preference? Interior or exterior?

And last, a stock truck is far more capable hauling weight than a customized off-road truck period. Which is why you do not see any of the road.

Now, to make it clear, I am not speaking of factory built 4X4 dually trucks or the ??¾ ton trucks GMC Chevy Ford. As they are perfectly capable of hauling campers of all descriptions. I hope this helped.
[FONT=Geneva]
+Quote Post
subodh
post Sep 16 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Truck and Camper Setup: dodge ram 2500 05 lifted some inches 33" tires 429hp 1050nm

needed is bed places for 2 and maby 1 or more spear beds and a toilet..
a realy basic camper is good for me, then i can tell you that the weels will do
and i have a custom suspension so i can load at least 500-800kg
tried with 900kg that was a bit musch but it works

please give mi some tips of small basic campers that arent so expensive
+Quote Post
garbinator
post Sep 16 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #4

Productive Consumer

Member No.: 2,832
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 3500 GMC Dually 4X4 Crew Cab DuraMax w/6sp variable Allison
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac, Altec power jacks
Truck and Camper Setup: Lance Legend 990 fully loaded series, Electric Jacks, Air Bags, heavy duty torsion bar, Titan extend-a-hitch, .357 Mag Marlin Lever Action (Cowboy rifle) for camper defense. Bose Acoustic Wave Machine to Ez the nights away...

QUOTE(subodh @ Sep 16 2009, 08:01 AM)
needed is bed places for 2 and maby 1 or more spear beds and a toilet..
a realy basic camper is good for me, then i can tell you that the weels will do
and i have a custom suspension so i can load at least 500-800kg
tried with 900kg that was a bit musch but it works
please give mi some tips of small basic campers that arent so expensive

It may be a possibility you could find one of these models that could fit your needs. I just gave you one clue... Pop-up campers.

Lance, SixPac all sell models to suit your needs. As for toilet, sounds like a small five gallon cassette style commode would do you well. One reason I really think I'd like one personally is the ability to dump it almost anywhere. You can literally carry your cassette black tank into any roadside rest stop and empty the thing. Versus my having to seek out an RV dump. RV dumps are becoming to be a thing of the past in some communities here in the U.S. Mainly because illegal waste trucks are utilizing these sites at night so as not to drive the long miles. Horrible situation.
+Quote Post
subodh
post Sep 22 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(garbinator @ Sep 16 2009, 11:17 PM)
It may be a possibility you could find one of these models that could fit your needs. I just gave you one clue... Pop-up campers.

Lance, SixPac all sell models to suit your needs. As for toilet, sounds like a small five gallon cassette style commode would do you well. One reason I really think I'd like one personally is the ability to dump it almost anywhere. You can literally carry your cassette black tank into any roadside rest stop and empty the thing. Versus my having to seek out an RV dump. RV dumps are becoming to be a thing of the past in some communities here in the U.S. Mainly because illegal waste trucks are utilizing these sites at night so as not to drive the long miles. Horrible situation. 

ok but have anyone tried som campers thats realy good for the price
and fits my needs?
+Quote Post
marty atc
post Oct 1 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,421
Favorite Truck Camper(s): All Terrain Camper
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge Dakota
Type of Tiedowns used: Custom
Truck and Camper Setup: We build campers

All Terrain Campers, Four Wheel Campers, North Star Campers, Search under pop up campers or aluminum framed pop up campers. Some of us make shell versions that are super light with options to make it your way. Have a nice day. Marty atc@allterraincampers.com
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:00 PM