post May 25 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,547
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 Platinum Dually Crew Cab long bed
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift - Custom
Truck and Camper Setup: Looking for 2014 Lance 1191 fully loaded

I want a Lance truck camper because of the construction and features. I need a model 1191 because I can use the camper with the slide retracted.

--------------------
Ean in Portland, Oregon. F-350 Dually, camper package, Torklifts.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freespool
post May 29 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

You should have no problem finding this unit. There is a very clean 2011 in the RV trader for 25K. I recently saw a 2014 in Ventura on a lot that sold in less than a week for around 25-30. I also like the floor plan of this model but I am not so sure of the quality. Unfortunately after 2 years of researching truck campers I have become a skeptic when it comes to there build quality. I hope you find a good one that preforms as intended.
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post May 31 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

In my opinion there are only 3 builders that build high quality TC's. Alaskan, Four Wheel Campers and Hallmark and all are custom, one at a time builders, pre order and deposit required builders and their units demand top dollar and hold their resale value as well.

The rest are what I term 'cookie cutter' builders that pump them out with generic floor plans using mass production techniques and are built with questionable quality. Because the RV industry is going ball out, the 'slap it together mentaility is the current credo'.

You get what you pay for most times and sometimes you don't. To eliminate that, you need to go to a custom built, one off camper, but expect to pay for it.

If I could afford it, I'd be in a Hallmark PUP in a minute, with a Four Wheel second.

As it is, I have a cookie cutter PUP and I got into ot expecting to make 'adjustments' and, I have as they come along.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:40 AM