daveren
post Jan 6 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,149
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Bigfoot
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Chev 3500 Dually 4x4 Diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Nothing additional.

We usually zoom through Arizona on our way to and from Mexico but this year we will be spending 4 to 6 weeks in the deserts of southern Arizona spending more time in some of our favorite spots and exploring some new ones. We really like the desert around Organ Pipe Cactus NM and Tucson. We will come down in mid January.

We have a large truck & camper.

What are some of your favorite spots in southern Arizona?

Thanks ........ Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PalFire
post Jan 17 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,125
Favorite Truck Camper(s): None
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2500HD 4X4 Single cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: 06 2500HD single cab 4x4, air bags, Bilstein shocks, 285 75 15 Toyo M-55 tires on stock rims, 1999 Apache popup camper

QUOTE(daveren @ Jan 6 2011, 08:00 PM)
We usually zoom through Arizona on our way to and from Mexico but this year we will be spending 4 to 6 weeks in the deserts of southern Arizona spending more time in some of our favorite spots and exploring some new ones.  We really like the desert around Organ Pipe Cactus NM and Tucson.  We will come down in mid January.

We have a large truck & camper.

What are some of your favorite spots in southern Arizona?

Thanks ........  Dave

Dave,

One of the most beautiful areas in my opinion is the KOFA National Wildlife Refuge south of Quartzite. You can camp in some very remote areas (Free!). I used to set up a photo blind at Little White Tank in the Southern portion during the summer in the mid/late '90's (talk about hot!) and never saw a soul. Of course no one except me was dumb enough to go out there in the summer. I was able to photograph many bighorn sheep, foxes, deer, bobcat, etc. This time of year it will probably be more visited but I'm sure it would be worth it to you to take a look. Lots of photo ops and good desert views.

Cliff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:06 AM