post Sep 19 2016, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,181
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Four Wheel
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-150
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: None yet. Looking at pop-up with F-150

I am thinking about buying a pop-up camper (e.g. Four Wheel, Palomino) for my F-150. I have 14 inches of clearance between my truck cab and the top of my garage door. Four Wheel claims that the camper height adds 10" to the cab height so in theory it should fit in the garage with the camper on the truck. Does anyone know if this is really true from experience? Do those of you that have pop-ups like them?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
twobit
post Sep 20 2016, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,137
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Coachmen
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 DRW crew cab 7.3l diesel
Truck and Camper Setup: 98 Coachmen 95S on F-350 DWR 8foot bed

QUOTE(spud_chance @ Sep 19 2016, 02:40 PM)
I am thinking about buying a pop-up camper (e.g. Four Wheel, Palomino) for my F-150.  I have 14 inches of clearance between my truck cab and the top of my garage door.  Four Wheel claims that the camper height adds 10" to the cab height so in theory it should fit in the garage with the camper on the truck.  Does anyone know if this is really true from experience?  Do those of you that have pop-ups like them?

Dont have a pop-up, but have a hard side. What comes to mind is ...are there any vent covers, rails, or anything else on the roof that stick up higher than the roof itself? Does that 10" include the gap under the camper between it and the cab roof?
In our southern hot climate we have to have a AC on any camper so I never considered the pop-ups as some/most don't have a AC option.
+Quote Post
spud_chance
post Sep 20 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,181
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Four Wheel
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-150
Truck and Camper Setup: None yet. Looking at pop-up with F-150

QUOTE(twobit @ Sep 20 2016, 10:10 AM)
Dont have a pop-up, but have a hard side. What comes to mind is ...are there any vent covers, rails, or anything else on the roof that stick up higher than the roof itself? Does that 10" include the gap under the camper between it and the cab roof?
In our southern hot climate we have to have a AC on any camper so I never considered the pop-ups as some/most don't have a AC option.

You are correct in that you have to consider anything added on top. There is no AC on the ones I'm looking at nor roof racks. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to park when in a standard residential garage with the pop up on the truck. Thanks for answering.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:04 AM