[ Outline ] · Standard · Linear+

> Suggestions for a good place to 'Snowbird' in a TC

mikeashford
post Apr 17 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,579
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Arctic Fox
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: still looking..............
Type of Tiedowns used: still looking...........
Truck and Camper Setup: still looking...............

Next winter, my wife and I (and two dogs AND one BMW motorcycle) plan on truck camping with an Artic Fox and duely set up. Can some of you 'weigh in' on your favorite spot to sit for a month in the southwest (Arizona, California, New Mexico). I have looked at some of the 'over 55' RV resorts and they seem pretty cool with pool and hot tubs, fitness centers, etc. I'm just not sure which, if any of them would be right for us. With my BMW GS, I motorcycle camp and that is kind of my 'head space' so a TC seems to be a minimalist kind of RV experience that would suit us. We are 55 and are looking for campgrounds that are attractive to retirees in their 50's and 60's.

Any recommendations?

Mike in Oly
'Ride fast, take chances.............'
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
Replies
AraWithSpirit
post Jan 18 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,371
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Northern Lite
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 Ford 4 doors Long bed
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: 2013 Northern Lite 9.8 Q SE AnchorGuard tie downs 2000 Ford f350 7.2 Turbo diesel 4x4 4 door Long bed Rear Camper package Rear air bags Progressive lockers Honda 2000 Genset 120W soft 12V 4lb panels 1 140amp/h sealed deep cycle battery . 1995 BMW GS with Ural Sidecar.

My favorite for the past nine years has been Big Bend, Texas, where actually I bought ten acres 30 miles North of Terlingua at $100 an acre. Great GS country as we ride a 1995 GS with sidecar for my dog. Terlingua had 3 RV Parks and a decent grocery store the next one being 80 miles away in Alpine. Cell reception and beautiful on/off roads. A few restaurants and much music on The Porch. Paved River Rd to Presidio [66 miles] is one of the countries most scenic rd. Weather is mild even though it can freeze at times throughout the nights, maybe even snow one day per yer!
Big Big National Park itself has two RV Parks and many primitive sites [900,000 acres of freedom!].
This time around however I think we are on our way to "Why", Arizona, near "Ajo" for a change of scenery.
Hope this helps.

--------------------
Stay well, Ara and Spirit
www.theoasisofmysoul.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:23 AM