IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> tv antennas, what is the best one to buy?

scottyquickfeet
post May 25 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,383
Favorite Truck Camper(s): 9''5'' 2002 adventurer
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '97 dodge diesel 250 ex cab long box
Type of Tiedowns used: custom made
Truck and Camper Setup: just a standard set up

Hi Campers,
I need your help, regarding, buying a tv antenna? at the moment, I can only get two channels if I'm lucky, and thats when I'm camping close to towns. my wind up and down tv antenna just doesn't seem to work for me? I've looked on the internet for tv antennas, but I don't know if I should go with an interior one, or an exterior one?The price range I was looking at was around $70 to $90 dollars.Has anyone out there had bad reception, and found a solution for it! hope you can help me, with this problem

thanks scottyquickfeet
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aqualung
post Jun 2 2011, 07:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

I'm not sure you should bother with a TV antenna, unless your TV has a digital tuner built in. By the end of this summer, all over the air TV broadcasts are required to be transmitted in digital in both the USA and Canada. Actually its been law in the USA for about a year or more, Canada is lagging behind. This means that the old analog broadcasts will start to disappear if they haven't already.

I never bothered with a TV antenna, instead I went right to a TV with a built in DVD player. This keeps the daughter happy on those wet days or when the bugs are too bad to step outside.

Your other alternative is to goto a satellite system. There are a few manufactiurers of satellite dishes for RVs but I'm not sure who their systems work with. Here's a few:

http://www.adventurerv.net/antennas-amp-sa...s-c-39_124.html
+Quote Post
KY_Campers
post Jun 4 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,413
Favorite Truck Camper(s): .....
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: ......
Type of Tiedowns used: .......
Truck and Camper Setup: .........

I went with a Winegard Crank Up Satellite Dish... The hardest thing to do was to cut a hole in the roof! LOL

I just take an extra receiver from my home when we leave to go camping... I also have a DVD player.

Those TV antennas never did work good in this area... Lucky if I could get one channel to come in.

--------------------
. . . .
+Quote Post
Dexter
post Oct 2 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,053
Favorite Truck Camper(s): aero stream
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Jeep cherokee
Type of Tiedowns used: walmart special?
Truck and Camper Setup: Tow behind, 1axle hybridhome built.

QUOTE(scottyquickfeet @ May 25 2011, 01:15 AM)
Hi Campers,
                 I need your help, regarding, buying a tv antenna? at the moment, I can only get two channels if I'm lucky, and thats when I'm  camping close to towns. my wind up and down tv antenna just doesn't seem to work for me? I've looked on the internet for tv antennas, but I don't know if I should go with an interior one, or an exterior one?The price range I was looking at was around $70 to $90 dollars.Has anyone out there had bad reception, and found a solution for it!  hope you can help me, with this problem 

thanks scottyquickfeet

I decided to replace our old bat wing with an Omnidirectional Powered TV Antenna. We call it the UFO, cause that's what it looks like lol.

Mounted it flush to the roof and haven't had an issue yet.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:21 PM