Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Finding Free Wi-Fi while on the road, where to find free wi-fi

endlesstravel
post Jun 24 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,735
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Lance 845 (2001)
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: Fully equipped office, queen, Kitchen, Bathroom

I'm on the road full-time and I'm always in need of wi-fi for work. I refuse to pay for it, when there are free signals everywhere. Please share your hotspots for free wi-fi!
Generally I rely on these spots:
Starbucks: Generally has the strongest signal of all the places listed.
McDonalds
Corner Bakery Cafes
Denny??¢â??¬â??¢s
Dunkin??¢â??¬â??¢ Donuts
FedEx: Strong Signal
Whole Foods
Office Depot
Panera: Strong Signal
Caribou Coffee
Tim Hortons
Coffee Bean
Tea Leaf
Public libraries: About half seem to need a passcode, that you can ask the front desk for.
Hotels and Motels: These are hit or miss. The privately owned ones tend not to have a password.
RV Campgrounds: Most private parks these days have free wifi.
Book Stores: They still exist? The few still around almost all offer free Wi-Fi
Large truck stops: Flying J, Love??¢â??¬â??¢s, Pilot, and TA all have reliable Wi-Fi
Websites to help you find locations:
AnchorFree:The good thing about this site is it only shows the free Wi-Fi Hot spots, so you don??¢â??¬â??¢t have to sort through the paid ones.
JWire??¢â??¬â??¢s Wi-Fi Hotspot Finder Ok, besides all the ads, this site is awesome. Shows you paid and free Wi-Fi signals based on your location.
Believe it or not, Google Maps can help you find free Wi-Fi as well. Go to the ??¢â??¬????Find Businesses??¢â??¬???? tab under the search box. Enter ??¢â??¬????wifi hotspot??¢â??¬???? in the first box and the address in the next box. It will show you an extensive list of paid and free Wi-Fi hotspots.

Also, Best Small Camper's has a great guide on how to find free wi-fi on the road.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Old Days
post Nov 9 2013, 07:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,017
Favorite Truck Camper(s): palomino
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2007 gmc sierra 1500
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: I have a 2007 gmc truck with a real lite 1603 truck camper

quote=endlesstravel,Jun 24 2013, 01:00 PM]I'm on the road full-time and I'm always in need of wi-fi for work. I refuse to pay for it, when there are free signals everywhere. Please share your hotspots for free wi-fi!
Generally I rely on these spots:
Starbucks: Generally has the strongest signal of all the places listed.
McDonalds
Corner Bakery Cafes
Denny??¢â??¬â??¢s
Dunkin??¢â??¬â??¢ Donuts
FedEx: Strong Signal
Whole Foods
Office Depot
Panera: Strong Signal
Caribou Coffee
Tim Hortons
Coffee Bean
Tea Leaf
Public libraries: About half seem to need a passcode, that you can ask the front desk for.
Hotels and Motels: These are hit or miss. The privately owned ones tend not to have a password.
RV Campgrounds: Most private parks these days have free wifi.
Book Stores: They still exist? The few still around almost all offer free Wi-Fi
Large truck stops:??????? Flying J, Love??¢â??¬â??¢s, Pilot, and TA all have reliable Wi-Fi
Websites to help you find locations:
AnchorFree:The good thing about this site is it only shows the free Wi-Fi Hot spots, so you don??¢â??¬â??¢t have to sort through the paid ones.
JWire??¢â??¬â??¢s Wi-Fi Hotspot Finder Ok, besides all the ads, this site is awesome. Shows you paid and free Wi-Fi signals based on your location.
Believe it or not, Google Maps can help you find free Wi-Fi as well. Go to the ??¢â??¬????Find Businesses??¢â??¬???? tab under the search box. Enter ??¢â??¬????wifi hotspot??¢â??¬???? in the first box and the address in the next box. It will show you an extensive list of paid and free Wi-Fi hotspots.

Also, Best Small Camper's has a great guide on how to find free wi-fi on the road.

[/quote] I just want to say Thank You for the web site it has got a lot of good information.
+Quote Post
Oregonizm
post Feb 27 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,113
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Host
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ford F450
Type of Tiedowns used: Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: F450, Host Everest triple slide, Torklift tiedowns, Torklift class V Superhitch w/ Supertruss

If you have a smart phone you can make it a "hot spot", at least if you're on Verizon's network. It's a very small fee and you can have it turned on or off at will to reduce the overall cost.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:41 AM