bulldog1
post May 31 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,325
Favorite Truck Camper(s): caribou
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 3500 Dually 4x4 Chev Crew Cab
Type of Tiedowns used: nor sure
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Chev 1 ton 67,000 miles, Dually,1991 12ft Caribou, use fishing, camping, tow jeep behind

smile.gif Hi ,,,new to this,,,simple question,,I need a new electrical cord from truck camper to truck!! What is this cord called,,,my short memory has kicked in....thanks,,,Bulldog 1
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aqualung
post Jun 1 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,725
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Adventurer 90FWS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge 3500 Dually Quadcab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2008 Adventurer 90FWS Torklift Tiedowns with SuperHitch and SuperTruss Firestone Air Bags Torklift Load Stabilizers Fastgun Turnbuckles

I don't think there is a specific name given to that cord but I could be wrong. As far as I know its also not standard from camper to camper. I have an Adventurer and it uses a standard 7pin plug which is the same wiring as my trailer plug on the truck. I made up my own cable and just connected pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc. You do need to make sure the heavier wires are reserved for the ground, battery and brakes (not that there's brakes on a camper).

I went to my local RV dealership and bought the 7 conductor wire and the two plugs. They're all color coded so making the right connections was pretty easy.

I don't know what your camper has for a wiring connection but if it looks like the 7 pin plug on the back of your truck, its probably the same as mine. Check with the manufacturer to make sure.
+Quote Post
bikevision
post Jun 1 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,497
Favorite Truck Camper(s): '76 Honey
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 93 dodge 1ton dually 511,000 miles 99 f350 quad cab dually 435,000 miles
Type of Tiedowns used: custom turnbuckles
Truck and Camper Setup: right now i got a 8ft 1974 Sportsman by K-Z inc. im rebuilding on my 93 dodge dually, behind that i haul a converted 14ft. hard sided popup to haul my motorcycle and tools. its a moble shed

in the rv industry there known as a, barshmen cord. my spelling is off but if you look up 7 pole or 7 pin you should find it. ive got at least half a dozen in my garage.
+Quote Post
BobC
post Jun 30 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(bikevision @ Jun 1 2010, 09:11 PM)
in the rv industry there known as a, barshmen cord. my spelling is off but if you look up 7 pole or 7 pin you should find it. ive got at least half a dozen in my garage.

You can get a 7-way Pigtail and connect 7-Way Connector Female End to make a complete pigtail.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:49 AM