IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accessories to haul a truck box camper, Accessories needed to haul a T.B. Camper

barlracr
post Apr 9 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,053
Favorite Truck Camper(s): n/a
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: GMC Sierra 2007 1500 crew cab
Type of Tiedowns used: n/a
Truck and Camper Setup: n/a

Hello everyone!
I work with a lady and her and her husband have an old truck box camper that is just sitting in there back yard and they told me that if i come and get it i can have it! I am just needing to know what i will need to haul it home down the highway. I honestly don't know what kind of camper it is, or it's dimensions. I have a 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab regular box.
I have never hauled a truck box camper before and i just don't want it to blow out on the highway and be crushed before i even have a chance to use it!
Any information would be helpful!
Thanks so much!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Apr 9 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

You will want to have some kind of tiedown system on the truck. Best to go and measure the camper and truck to see if it will fit before trying to haul it. When you say "truck box camper" I assume you are talking about a slide in camper?
Gary

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post
bikevision
post Apr 10 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,497
Favorite Truck Camper(s): '76 Honey
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 93 dodge 1ton dually 511,000 miles 99 f350 quad cab dually 435,000 miles
Type of Tiedowns used: custom turnbuckles
Truck and Camper Setup: right now i got a 8ft 1974 Sportsman by K-Z inc. im rebuilding on my 93 dodge dually, behind that i haul a converted 14ft. hard sided popup to haul my motorcycle and tools. its a moble shed

at least some ratchet straps. the heavy 3in. ones. when i went to get either one of mine for the first time thats what i took. the last one i got didnt have any place to hook the straps so i just went up and over the camper. it fit all the way in the bed and i could close the tailgate so it wasent going anywhere. (even with most of the walls rotted.) it didnt move an inch at 70mph down the highway.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:13 AM