JADE RACING
post Jul 9 2018, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,895
Favorite Truck Camper(s): adventurer
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 07 gmc 3500 dually D/A
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift/fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: 07GMC3500 dually diesel/auto airbags torklift tiedowns/fastguns 56 gal transferflow tank banks spd brake/tuner;06 adventurer 106DBS 2.5ownan geny awning topper torklift stairs remote bbq rear awning ext trl hitch/basket for sewer tote

On a recent trip into the upper region of New York state I felt as if the trucks braking was not up to good enough safety. As I run a Banks speed brake and do not do higher speeds with the T/C on, the only time that this occurred was the final stopping at a set of lights or stop sign. I removed the frt. pads and found that they were totally glazed over while the rotors were still clean with no rusting or glaze. After reading and research I decided to replace the rotors with a set of vented and cross drilled replacements. A set of carbon fibre pads were included so I installed and did a brake-in on these new to me items. What I found out so far is that the stopping distance is really reduced from my stock set up and I think that the pads will not be able to glaze up as the drilled rotors will always be shearing the face off of these pads. I don't know if other owners have noticed a reduced stopping distance in their OEM brake systems as age creeps up on their vehicles. This week should tell as planning a outing for about a week of travel.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chief 2
post Jul 10 2018, 07:11 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,469
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2005 Chevrolet 3500 4x4
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac with Quick Loads
Truck and Camper Setup: 2005 Chevy 3500 4x4 Edge Attitude, 4" exhaust, Airaid Air Intake, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig, Cabover struts. Lance 1172 loaded with 200 watt Renogy solar and Zamp controller

QUOTE(JADE RACING @ Jul 9 2018, 09:15 AM)
On a recent trip into the upper region of New York state I felt as if the trucks braking was not up to good enough  safety. As I run a Banks speed brake and do not do higher speeds with the T/C on, the only time that this occurred was the final stopping at a set of lights or stop sign. I removed the frt. pads and found that they were totally glazed over while the rotors were still clean with no rusting or glaze. After reading and research I decided to replace the rotors with a set of vented and cross drilled replacements. A set of carbon fibre pads were included so I installed and did a brake-in on these new to me items. What I found out so far is that the stopping distance is really reduced from my stock set up and I think that the pads will not be able to glaze up as the drilled rotors will always be shearing the face off of these pads. I don't know if other owners have noticed a reduced stopping distance in their OEM brake systems as age creeps up on their vehicles. This week should tell as planning a outing for about a week of travel.

I ran into an issue with my 05 Chevy 3500 dually where the brakes felt like they were releasing on the final stop. It would feel like I was letting my foot off the brake slightly at the very end of the stop. I found that I had a bad anti-lock sensor in one of the front wheels. In order to get to it you have to remove the front caliper, rotor and hub. There is a 10mm bolt that holds the sensor to the spindle and the wire runs up to a connector on the upper control arm. After I changed them out it works great again.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:19 PM