17 Oaks
post Nov 1 2015, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,291
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Arctic Fox 1150
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '15 F 350 Dually 4x4 CC/LB King Ranch
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: '15 F350, Rancho 9000XLS, StableLoads, Hellwig Big sway bar

I would have thought most are tuned into this, but as I stand there at the diesel pump at Wal Mart I will ask another trucker if he uses the WM Gift card. A few do, but most do not and usually say 'are you kidding?'... No!

Wal Mart Gift card: Its FREE, just ask for it and then load it with money. It can take any amount of $. I put $500 on for local travel and road travel I will put a $1000 on long trips.

What does it do? Its good for a discount at Wal Mart Fuel pumps and or Murphy which is a Wal Mart fuel supplier (note: Murphy Express does not give the discount)

How much discount do I get: Varies. At the least I get .03 per gal and have got as much as .12 per gal.

How do I use it? Just like your regular charge card. Slide it thru the slot and the pump sees it, gives you your balance and you fill up.

Is there a catch or a gotcha? If there is I have never seen it in 4 years I have been using it. I get nothing in the mail. You are NOT applying for credit so no forms to fill out.

Bonus tip: use your regular charge card (Mastercard, Visa) to put money on your Gift card. If you have a charge card like mine I get a kick back from my card issuer of 1 ½% on my monthly statement, I have another card that gives me air miles of 1 mile per dollar spent so it becomes a two way win for me.

If your drive a lot of miles this can add up to some good bucks in savings...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nobody
post Nov 2 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,339
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Palomino
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '99 Ford F-250 SuperCab long bed, 7.3L Power Stroke
Type of Tiedowns used: Blackstone Mfg Co Camper Clampers, looking for TorkLift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2003 SunLite 8.5 WTSB, modified roof lift to support roof air

Been using a Wal Mart shopping card for quite a few years now. Here in Arkansas, the home of both Wal Mart & Murphy Gas, I usually just 'load' my card when I'm checking out at the local Wal Mart every month or so. For the past several years Wal Mart has 'run' a special & gives $0.10 per gal discount, usually for a few months. The $0.03 discount is always available (except at Murphy Express) unless a higher discount is available.

Additionally, the Wal Mart edition of the Rand McNally road atlas has addresses of all Wal Marts nationwide & whether or not they have fuel service. I've found it to be pretty accurate except a couple of years ago in one of the western states it showed fuel available but they didn't have it. If I'm needin' fuel I just check the atlas for nearest Wal Mart with fuel stop (on my route), & program my GPS for that address. I've never found Wal Mart/Murphy fuel to be more expensive, & usually a few cents less, especially with the shopping card discount...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:06 AM