RV_Tech
post Aug 20 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

Has anyone added teflon strips along the sides of their truck camper to simplify loading? I see them on some of the new truck campers.

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Aug 20 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

Certainly not on the bottom, so where?
+Quote Post
RV_Tech
post Aug 20 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #3

Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

For sure on the bottom offered as an option. Saw them on the lot. Pricey!
+Quote Post
SidecarFlip
post Aug 23 2017, 08:15 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,221
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Forest River Palomino SS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1997 Ford F350 4x4 LB SRW CC 7.3 diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: HappyJac standard
Truck and Camper Setup: 1997 Ford F350 4 door 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3 Diesel, Lance 915 loaded, 2015 Palomino SS1500 Loaded

One option I would never consider at all. You want a certain amount of physical restraint between the camper and the truck bed, why all camper builders recommend removal of plastic bed liners.. because they are slippery.

No Teflon here...ever.

Not so much fore and aft movement (which properly angled tie down's eliminate), but more the side to side movement when negotiating curves or running off road in off camber situations. Teflon would make the camper bottom slippery and allow that movement. Don't need or want my camper banging off the wheel wells from going sideways in the bed.

I'm not of the rubber mat below the unit either (or plywood), I have a Rhino Liner spray in bed liner that provides the friction I need.

Not for me.
+Quote Post
RV_Tech
post Aug 23 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(SidecarFlip @ Aug 23 2017, 09:15 AM)
One option I would never consider at all.  You want a certain amount of physical restraint between the camper and the truck bed, why all camper builders recommend removal of plastic bed liners..  because they are slippery.

No Teflon here...ever.

Not so much fore and aft movement (which properly angled tie down's eliminate), but more the side to side movement when negotiating curves or running off road in off camber situations.  Teflon would make the camper bottom slippery and allow that movement.  Don't need or want my camper banging off the wheel wells from going sideways in the bed.

I'm not of the rubber mat below the unit either (or plywood), I have a Rhino Liner spray in bed liner that provides the friction I need.

Not for me.

I was on a different page. Obviously not under the camper, along the bottom of the sides.

Steve
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:42 AM