post Feb 15 2008, 11:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,838
Favorite Truck Camper(s): equal
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: equal
Type of Tiedowns used: equal
Truck and Camper Setup: don't have one

I want to ask, if somebody can help me renting a truck camper in summer 2008. We plan to take a journey in USAs Southwest (Great staircase, Canyonlands...) But it seems to be impossible to rent truck campers. Every company we asked until now, told us two things: we don't rent 4x4 RVs and : you must not leave paved roads.
That's really disappointing. We have been in Utah, Nevada and so on, 4 years ago. There we have seen so many beautyfull gravelroads like cottonwood road - but due to thunderstorms and slippery conditions, we did'nt dare to drive those roads with our rented 22' RV. There were some circumstands in the contracts, which helped us to make this decision ;-)

So I ask for Your help!
If You can imagine, to rent Your Truck Camper, if You know somebody who does, please send a mail.
We would like to stay from Monday, 23.06. 2008 until Saturday 26.07.2008.
It would be perfect to pick up the car in San Francisco and give it back in Denver (or contrariwise). If You rent Your car to my wife and me, it's more than likely start and end of our journey ist at the same place! (Therefore, we did'nt make any flight reservations)
So if You can, please help and write a mail to:
erhard-berger@aon.at

DANKE!
Thx4your4x4help!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LindaH
post Feb 16 2008, 04:15 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,829
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Eagle Cap
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually (Cummins engine)
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift w/Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Eagle Cap 950, 2 100-watt solar panels, 2 6-volt AGM batteries, 1000-watt pure sine wave inverter, Motosat Executive satellite TV dish, Torklift 5-step Glow Steps.

QUOTE(erhard @ Feb 15 2008, 10:18 PM)
But it seems to be impossible to rent truck campers. Every company we asked until now, told us two things: we don't rent 4x4 RVs and : you must not leave paved roads.

And, yet, you expect someone to rent you their personal truck and camper so you can leave the paved roads??? Good luck with that!

Most of the places we've been in Utah have Jeep rentals. Why not rent a camper through a regular rental agency and then, when you want to take off on the gravel roads, rent a Jeep? The Moab area, in particular, has several Jeep rental agencies.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:33 AM