Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> I was wondering about this, any input

toby
post Aug 13 2005, 09:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

I have read alot about the outer banks. Is this where you would boondock? Where are some other good places to go to?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wayne 10624
post Sep 14 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10

Toby could you be a little more specific? What time of the year are you going. I've never been there myself, but I'd sure like to go. I'm sure a fellow rv'er will come along and give you plenty of good info. I'll check back myself.
Wayne
+Quote Post
toby
post Sep 15 2005, 06:23 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5

I really don't know either. I hear alot of people boondock in the outer banks. Well, maybe not this weekend with Ophelia hammering on them. I guess I was just wondering if people go on the beach certain times of the year or do they have some sort of event.
+Quote Post
bcs1997
post May 12 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 139

QUOTE(Wayne 10624 @ Sep 14 2005, 06:26 PM)
Toby could you be a little more specific? What time of the year are you going. I've never been there myself, but I'd sure like to go. I'm sure a fellow rv'er will come along and give you plenty of good info. I'll check back myself.
Wayne

I SPENT [5] DAYS TENT CAMPING ON THE OUTER BANKS IN APRIL 05. WE CAMPED AT THE NATIONAL PARK CAMPGROUND THAT IS LOCATED ON THE BEACH AND HAD A VERY NICE TIME.THE ONLY PROBLEMS THAT WE HAD,WAS A COLD FROUNT CAMP THRU LATE AT NIGHT WITH SIXTY FIVE MILE PER HR WINDS AND TRIED TO TAKE OUR TENT WITH IT. LARRY ADAMS
+Quote Post
dieselonly
post Oct 11 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 175

If you want to be on the beach you will need 4X4. Check out Corolla, NC. Cool place with the lighthouse. You can go north from there when the road stops. There are beach houses that rent out, but you have to have 4X4 to get there so you know your truck will need the same. Most of the side roads that lead to beach entrances are very sandy and loose so they can be a challenge. Once on the beach and the hard pack you will have a blast. That's the beauty of going in a truck camper! Also, north of the Corolla light in this wild area you may run into wild ponies!
+Quote Post
jack daniels
post Feb 3 2013, 06:33 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,447
Favorite Truck Camper(s): lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2000 ford 350 superduty dooley
Type of Tiedowns used: custom
Truck and Camper Setup: 9 1/2 ft jayco pop up with ac

QUOTE(toby @ Aug 13 2005, 09:23 AM)
I have read alot about the outer banks.  Is this where you would boondock? Where are some other good places to go to?

my wife go often to the outer banks hatters ect you can camp on beack do need 4x4 air down accordingly sand varies from very soft to hard usually interance to beaches very soft they chang areas often as due to turtles birds ect laws have changed understand now you have to have fishing rods out and you must be with it outside camper this was couple years ago may have eased off now new sheriff in town we flounder gig north end got 47 in five days a real blast good luck beautiful blessed place have wash stations dump stations place fto dress fish take on fresh water ect
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:58 PM