post Oct 1 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,803
Favorite Truck Camper(s): little caboose
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1990 Chevy Silverado K2500
Type of Tiedowns used: Custom
Truck and Camper Setup: K2500, camper

Looking for Hydro Flame gas valve and/or thermostat for furnace. Has thermostat/bulb built in. Any direction on where to order parts would be helpful. furnace heats but wont shut off when satisfied. Thx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RV_Tech
post Oct 3 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

QUOTE(Ryflyby @ Oct 1 2017, 04:50 PM)
Looking for Hydro Flame gas valve and/or thermostat for furnace. Has thermostat/bulb built in. Any direction on where to order parts would be helpful. furnace heats but wont shut off when satisfied. Thx

All the part for Hydroflame furnaces are still available online, but you have to know the model number as they are several different valves. So when you disconnect the wires at the thermostat it shuts off right ? Do you know how to test the gas valve?

Steve
+Quote Post
Ryflyby
post Oct 3 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(RV_Tech @ Oct 3 2017, 02:04 PM)
All the part for Hydroflame furnaces are still available online, but you have to know the model number as they are several different valves.  So when you disconnect the wires at the thermostat it shuts off right ?  Do you know how to test the gas valve?

Steve

there are no wires on valve. The thermostat is a built in bellows style with temp bulb which hangs out along side of valve. the model is a HF 7312
+Quote Post
RV_Tech
post Oct 4 2017, 06:09 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,199
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Hallmark, Northstar, Outfitter
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 SRW 6.2 Supercab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijack front, Torklift rear
Truck and Camper Setup: Hallmark Ute XL No modes to truck Torklift Fast Guns Fast guns had to be cut down to absolute minimum (14 1/2") to use with Happijac front tie down and Hallmark camper.

QUOTE(Ryflyby @ Oct 3 2017, 06:07 PM)
there are no wires on valve. The thermostat is a built in bellows style with temp bulb which hangs out along side of valve. the model is a HF 7312

Searching the Internet that appears to be a common problem for which no one seemed to have found a solution. I searched for service manuals but had no luck. I did find the comment on some websites suggesting replacing the furnace. This has to be a rarity as far as furnaces go as even the sites I have used in the past posting manuals back into the early 80s did not have anything on it. If the camper is in good shape is that worth considering?

Sorry,

Steve
+Quote Post
Ryflyby
post Oct 7 2017, 06:42 AM
Post #5

[quote=RV_Tech,Oct 4 2017, 06:09 AM]
Searching the Internet that appears to be a common problem for which no one seemed to have found a solution. I searched for service manuals but had no luck. I did find the comment on some websites suggesting replacing the furnace. This has to be a rarity as far as furnaces go as even the sites I have used in the past posting manuals back into the early 80s did not have anything on it. If the camper is in good shape is that worth considering?

Sorry,

Steve

[/quo

camper is in great shape. Totally restored. problem I am having is that I am in fact an HVAC tech. Not finding a direct replacement always bugs me. I can convert the gas train to a universal operation if need be. just thought in the WWW.com world, someone might have one. thank you for taking the time to look into it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:40 AM