post Oct 5 2017, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,811
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: F-250 w/airbags

I acquired a 1990 Lance 480 bask in the winter of 2014. Spent the last couple of years fixing some things that required fixing, like a couple of jacks that was leaking down, adding an updated radio, just small things. When I rebuilt the jacks, I checked the mount bolts into the body of the camper and found a couple that would not tighten. Bought some larger bolts, drilled out the metal bracket and when I put them in the holes, there was nothing there. Took the corners apart and found the wood rotted. Got everything tore down almost to the point I was ready to do the repairs, and I went to remove the left rear tie down so I could make another, and the tie-down eyelet snapped off. Now I am to the point that I need to put it indoors to tear it all apart so I can remove the floor to replace that portion of the wood. I have no where to work indoors and really don't have the time right now, as I am in the middle of a second floor remodel on my home.

I have attached pictures when I bought it and the areas of wood rot that need repairs. The site will only allow a limited number of pics, so if you want more just let me know.
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Everything works great, AC, hot water heater, heat, water system, toilet, stove looks to have never been used except to maybe heat water, no grease or stains even in the oven. Décor is clean and in good shape, just dated. All of the 12v interior lights, and most of the exterior lights have been changed to LEDs.

Anyone interested in parts or the whole thing, I am open to offers.

Ken sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:13 AM