Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tie down brackets on my camper

CumminsTurbo22
post May 1 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,165
Favorite Truck Camper(s): first one so i cant say
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge Ram 3500, crew cab, long bed dually 4x4 lariat
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: Dodge ram, full billet trans, programers, 1976 Apeco camper, 11 footer

Im looking for the tie down brackets on my camper, not my truck, i ordered the torklift frame mount and my brackets on the camper where the turnbuckle goes are in bad shape and hang to low where it hits my fenders... can someone give me a link to a better bracket?
Thanks
Nickuser posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CumminsTurbo22
post May 3 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #2

Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Dodge Ram 3500, crew cab, long bed dually 4x4 lariat
Truck and Camper Setup: Dodge ram, full billet trans, programers, 1976 Apeco camper, 11 footer

anyone????
+Quote Post
Spanky
post May 4 2010, 07:44 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

When you say they are in bad shape, what do you mean? Are they the type that are one bolt that is looped on the end and have a nut and washer on the inside of the camper? If they are hitting the top of your bed, I would say maybe put a sheet of plywood under the camper. I'm really not sure what you mean about being bad. If they are the type that are a plate and your jacks fit on them, all I could say is maybe take each one off and put some kind of backing on them on the inside. Maybe a peice of steel plate. OK I looked a little closer and now I see what you mean. The brackets are hitting the fenders on your dually. Wow, don't really know what to do about that. You could extend them with steel plate but that would make them weaker when off loaded. There are companies out there that make swing out brackets for a dually but not sure that would help. I think Atwood makes them if that helps.
Atwood Dually Brackets

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post
CumminsTurbo22
post May 4 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Spanky @ May 4 2010, 12:44 PM)
When you say they are in bad shape, what do you mean? Are they the type that are one bolt that is looped on the end and have a nut and washer on the inside of the camper? If they are hitting the top of your bed, I would say maybe put a sheet of plywood under the camper. I'm really not sure what you mean about being bad. If they are the type that are a plate and your jacks fit on them, all I could say is maybe take each one off and put some kind of backing on them on the inside. Maybe a peice of steel plate. OK I looked a little closer and now I see what you mean. The brackets are hitting the fenders on your dually. Wow, don't really know what to do about that. You could extend them with steel plate but that would make them weaker when off loaded. There are companies out there that make swing out brackets for a dually but not sure that would help. I think Atwood makes them if that helps.
Arwood Dually Brackets

sorry i should posted this picture to avoid confusion. I really got to jack the camper sky high to get these over my fenders. there a little bent and the screws are coming out of the camper. im looking for a different style of this. someing that doesnt hang so low. Cause my me jacking it up i have to put lots of wood blocks down to get this to clear the fenders. Thanks
user posted image
+Quote Post
CumminsTurbo22
post May 4 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #5

ok, i figured out this was the old bracket for the jack. he moved them to clear his dually but never took these off. thanks for the help
+Quote Post
KY_Campers
post Jun 27 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,413
Favorite Truck Camper(s): .....
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: ......
Type of Tiedowns used: .......
Truck and Camper Setup: .........

I seen that you had a ''hand crank'' on one of the jacks in the first picture.

You can use a 1/2'' drill, and a ''deep well socket'' to raise and lower your camper!!!

I can take a picture and show you if your interested in it.... Just let me know!

--------------------
. . . .
+Quote Post
BobC
post Jun 30 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2

Those look like Rieco Jacks. In that case you would want Rieco's Dually Bracket Extensions. Atwood's Dually brackets are specifically for Atwood jacks and will not fit other brands necessarily. The drill adapter can be found at the link provided if your jacks are in fact made by Rieco.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:00 PM