Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What is the Best Truck Camper?

BobC
post Aug 13 2005, 08:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

What Truck Camper would be the best to buy?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
toby
post Aug 13 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(BobC @ Aug 13 2005, 09:21 AM)
What Truck Camper would be the best to buy?

There are many many good brands out there. That is kind of a loaded question. You should figure out what your needs are then you can research the ones that fit your price range and truck. Some of the top names are Lance, Artic Fox, Alpin Lite, and many others. These I mentioned are higher end and there are more less expesive as well. Hope this helps
+Quote Post
Wayne 10624
post Sep 13 2005, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

BobC

Toby gave you the best answer you will probably get. One of the first things you need to decide is, if you are going to buy new, how close to home must the dealer be for you to feel comfortable. If you don't care where the dealer is located then your pocketbook can be your guide to your final selection. For the most part, it seems truck camper owners have very definate reasons for liking the truck camper they own or they are going to purchase. I think you need to decide what type of camping you will be doing the majority of the time. This may help you narrow the field for you. I have a Lance 1130 model and it fits my needs perfectly.
Good Luck in your search.
Wayne
+Quote Post
beddows
post Nov 5 2005, 05:52 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 101

IMHO, SnowRiver. They were first to put a slide in a TC & the only one to waranty it for life. They will generally fix anything, warranty or not, as long as you are willing to take it to the factory in Penticton, BC, Canada. I have seen them fix an 8 year old second one for no charge. Plus the owner of the compnay is accesible & posts on the NATCOA forum. That means he is not scared of customers. Big disadvantage is no dealer east of Denver.

It will be my next camper.

--------------------
Paul Beddows
North American Truck Camper Owners
Terry (wife) & Tomas (Dog)
Abbotsford BC, Canada

2004 Silverado 3500 Dmax DRW
2008 Snow River 10.8 Prestige Signature edition
Honda Eu2000i
Coleman Polar Cub A/C
Homemade 8 x 4 x 2 Utility Trailer

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
Teej
post Nov 8 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beddows @ Nov 5 2005, 05:52 PM)
IMHO, SnowRiver. They were first to put a slide in a TC & the only one to waranty it for life. They will generally fix anything, warranty or not, as long as you are willing to take it to the factory in Penticton, BC, Canada. I have seen them fix an 8 year old second one for no charge. Plus the owner of the compnay is accesible & posts on the NATCOA forum. That means he is not scared of customers. Big disadvantage is no dealer east of Denver.

It will be my next camper.

How long has SnowRiver been in business? That is pretty bold giving a lifetime warranty.
+Quote Post
beddows
post Dec 4 2005, 03:02 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 101

About 12 years. The owner, Bob Mehrer has been in the business for over 30 years, Airsteam, Okanagan, & Citation. He invented the roll over couch, was th efirst to put a slide in a TC & now has those unique command seats (see pictures below)

I first met him 2 years ago. I had been at a forestry campsite in Idaho where the camp host had one of these campers. He had a problem with his solar panel. He emailed the company. 3 days later the president of the company & his plant manager showed up (a 650 mile each way drive) to fix it. Turned out to be a dud battery, they then drove 100 miles to Salmon, Idaho, bought 2 new ones then went back home. If I hadn't seen it for myself I never would have believed it. This is a guy who will give customers his home phone number. I also know of someone who rebuit one that he had bought as salvage after a fire. They gave him a warranty.

By the way, another company which is similar in atttiude to this one is Northstar. Rex Willett is also one of the most accessible owners.

I actually have pictures of his factory plus 8 others on our website at

Web Site

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Paul Beddows
North American Truck Camper Owners
Terry (wife) & Tomas (Dog)
Abbotsford BC, Canada

2004 Silverado 3500 Dmax DRW
2008 Snow River 10.8 Prestige Signature edition
Honda Eu2000i
Coleman Polar Cub A/C
Homemade 8 x 4 x 2 Utility Trailer

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:43 PM