TurboCorsa180
post Jun 30 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,911
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance, Adventurer, Host
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2015 F350 LB 4x4 crew dually
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2011 Lance 1181 on my 2015 Ford F350 dually with air bags. Torklift frame mounted with fastguns.

Didn't research if this has been discussed before.

Will going from a 5 step to a 6 step expandable collapsible rear set of steps help to level out , flatten out the top 2-3 steps ? Right now they are angled so that it hard to use once you get to the top 2 steps.

We've got a great TC with a floor plan we like . I really don't want to give it up for another one that is easier to get in and out of.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JADE RACING
post Jul 1 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,895
Favorite Truck Camper(s): adventurer
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 07 gmc 3500 dually D/A
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift/fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: 07GMC3500 dually diesel/auto airbags torklift tiedowns/fastguns 56 gal transferflow tank banks spd brake/tuner;06 adventurer 106DBS 2.5ownan geny awning topper torklift stairs remote bbq rear awning ext trl hitch/basket for sewer tote

We have a set of torklift aluminum stairs for our unit and when we unload at a site of our liking I have had to remove one of the steps as the t/c sits about 12 inches lower on its stand. When in the truck bed it sits approx. 36 inches off of the ground. Our steps are a 5 step configuration & seems to be about the right height. If i'm not mistaken torklift has a written scale in one of their brochures that gives dimensions as to height verses stair steps. I hope that this will help you before spending $$$$
+Quote Post
TurboCorsa180
post Jul 4 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,911
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance, Adventurer, Host
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2015 F350 LB 4x4 crew dually
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 2011 Lance 1181 on my 2015 Ford F350 dually with air bags. Torklift frame mounted with fastguns.

QUOTE(JADE RACING @ Jul 1 2018, 09:48 PM)
We have a set of torklift aluminum stairs for our unit and when we unload at a site of our liking I have had to remove one of the steps as the t/c sits about 12 inches lower on its stand. When in the truck bed it sits approx. 36 inches off of the ground. Our steps are a 5 step configuration & seems to be about the right height. If i'm not mistaken torklift has a written scale in one of their brochures that gives dimensions as to height verses stair steps. I hope that this will help you before spending $$$$

Thank you.
I measured today and it's 50" bottom of the door to the ground. Yesterday I called torklift and have decided adding an extra step will solve the problem.
So, think I will purchase.

Thanks for your input.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:17 PM