dwight
post Jan 30 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,713
Favorite Truck Camper(s): sunlite
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2500 dodge
Type of Tiedowns used: custom
Truck and Camper Setup: 2007 dodge 3/4 with old sunlite, boat and rack front and back

We have recently done the alaska trip for an extended time. We used bicycles for the parking travel but found them limiting. We decided also that any future travel that we like to have a boat and a small motorcycle that could be carried on the front of the truck. If any of you guys have done the same thing and have any advice on what to purchase for the motorcycle (brand, size, etc.)and any pro or cons for doing this I would appreciate your help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mvcorliss
post Mar 7 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,865
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Northstar
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2007 Ford F250 SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: F250 w/ off road pkg and Firestone Airbags under a Northstar 8.5 Arrow.

QUOTE(dwight @ Jan 31 2010, 12:35 AM)
We have recently done the alaska trip for an extended time. We used bicycles for the parking travel but found them limiting. We decided also that any future travel that we  like to have a boat and a small motorcycle that could be carried on the front of the truck. If any of you guys have done the same thing and have any advice on what to purchase for the motorcycle (brand, size, etc.)and any pro or cons for doing this I would appreciate your help.

I don't have one right now but I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Right now I am looking at the Yamaha TW200. It's small, so if you are thinking about day trips with a passenger it wouldn't be the best choice but for running errands and exploring, I think it sounds like just the ticket.

Michael
Greenfield, MA
+Quote Post
SUPERBASH
post Mar 7 2010, 07:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,056
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Starcraft 800HS
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2009 Dodge Ram2500 QuadCab Shortbed
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: HappiJac TieDowns / Supersprings & Pacbrake Heavy Duty Air Bags

Michael. I have a TW200 & was just up in MA ! It rides on the trailer. A little too bulky for the front hitch mount.
(Its not for sale but...) I"ll post a pic if you wanna see it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 AM