Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Plans just didn't work out

DA TOAD
post Aug 9 2016, 06:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,297
Favorite Truck Camper(s): North Star
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250 CrewCab, 8'bed, 6.2 ltr, w/camper package
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: I don't have either yet but will withing the next month. Pretty much set on the truck but still looking at campers but tending towards North Stars.

Well Sue and I picked up our 2016 Arctic Fox 1140 truck camper last month. Dropped it on the cement slab we had put in next to the garage. Spent the first week waxing it and buying all the accouterments we would need for camping. Chairs, grill, dishes silverware, coffer pot toaster, silverware etc.

Then the schitt hit the fan with Mom. Family crisis in Florida necessitated us moving her from Florida up here to Massachusetts. She is in a beautiful place, is safe and well cared for but I cannot in good conscience consider taking off for weeks or even months at a time as we had planned.

We were going to criss-cross all the Canadian provinces, hit the ALCAN and go spend a month or so in Alaska. Then return home and take a lot of long trips in search of America.

Will be selling it outright or maybe bringing it back to the place we bought it from to be sold on consignment. We never used anything. Sucks but %$#&* happens.

Dang thing has only had a 60 mile ride home. sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freespool
post Aug 9 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Wow, I hardly know what to say other than I am very sorry to hear of your family emergency. We all face family related issue's sooner or later unfortunately. Since we only know each other through this site I will not suggest what I may consider under the same circumstance. Good luck with your future decision's and may your family be blessed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:30 AM