Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Project: Adding a Stainless Steel Stove Backsplash

RedneckExpress
post Jan 9 2011, 06:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,973
Favorite Truck Camper(s): KampKing
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1992 Dodge W-250 4x4 5.9L V8 gas engine Club Cab Long Bed 4.10 gears
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: Dodge W-250 4x4, Airlift Air Bags, old Happijac tiedowns, 1974 KIT 11' Slide-in Camper

Well, its time for another project from the Redneck Express smile.gif. This, time we're doing a little work in the kitchen, if you're interested in reading my other projects, stop on by my blog here smile.gif.

Kitchen Project: Adding a Stainless Steel Stove Backsplash

Well, once again, I'm doing a project post smile.gif. This project was done probably back in May or June of last year, but I can't remember the exact date, and I didn't take pictures of it until about ten minutes ago as I was baking a pizza in the oven.

When I originally bought my camper and for most of the time I owned it, the only back splash the stove really had was the three-inch tall piece of Formica that went with the counter top.

The rest of the wall was just the standard oak-wood grain paneling that made up all of the walls and cabinets in the camper.

user posted image

This is okay, until you start full-timing in the camper and like to cook bacon or sausage, or anything that uses or produces some kind of grease. Even with a spatter screen, the natural vapor that comes from the cooking process gradually builds up on surfaces.

Trying to clean bacon grease build up out of porous wood paneling is a pain in the butt.

So, I was looking back one day through some of my photos I've collected of the Rociante, when I noticed a piece of regular sheet metal behind the stove in Steinbeck's camper.

user posted image

That got me to thinking, and luck would have it, my original neighbors here at the park, the husband works at a sheet metal shop.

A little measurement and a bit of discussion later, and I now have a nice piece of heavy duty mirror polish stainless steel lining the wall behind my stove.

user posted image user posted image
user posted image

Clean up is a snap with a little bit of windex every now and then.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave D.
post Jan 12 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,037
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Looking for Pop-up
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2011 Silverado WT 1/2 ton
Type of Tiedowns used: none yet
Truck and Camper Setup: Still shopping

Looks nice. Would you know what it would cost someone who didn't have a friend ......... for a piece that size.

thanks
+Quote Post
RedneckExpress
post Jan 13 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,973
Favorite Truck Camper(s): KampKing
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1992 Dodge W-250 4x4 5.9L V8 gas engine Club Cab Long Bed 4.10 gears
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac
Truck and Camper Setup: Dodge W-250 4x4, Airlift Air Bags, old Happijac tiedowns, 1974 KIT 11' Slide-in Camper

QUOTE(Dave D. @ Jan 12 2011, 07:32 PM)
Looks nice.  Would you know what it would cost someone who didn't have a friend ......... for a piece that size.

thanks

I think it would depend on the local metal dealer's prices, they can be radically different from shop to shop.

If you can find a shop that deals in mirror-finish stainless you might be able to find a smaller piece of left over that you can get for less than what it might cost new.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:03 AM