Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> BLACK WATER CANISTER/CASSETTE SYSTEMS?, QUESTION

DA TOAD
post Jun 5 2016, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,297
Favorite Truck Camper(s): North Star
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250 CrewCab, 8'bed, 6.2 ltr, w/camper package
Type of Tiedowns used: None
Truck and Camper Setup: I don't have either yet but will withing the next month. Pretty much set on the truck but still looking at campers but tending towards North Stars.

Looking at a Northstar 12 STC truck camper with the canister system for black water. Has anyone one her used one of these? Not sure if it is an advantage or disadvantage. Capacity is around 4 gallons and then has to be emptied. Yes you can probably empty in most any toilet anywhere. I am thinking that you still need to have a place to go and empty your grey water so there is little advantage to the cassette/canister systems. wink.gif

Opinions? Actual experiences? smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jknight611
post Jun 10 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,785
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Northstar Adventurer 8.5
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2018 Chevolet 3500 Duramax Crew Duelly
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Totally stock, nothing needed

We aren't long time campers, we have a Northstar adventurer with the cassette for black water. Several weeks ago we stayed at a state park, and on Sunday afternoon there was a "conga line" of folks to get to the dump site, we just stopped at the rest area and emptied the cassette. The gray water isn't quite as big a problem. It is at worst dish water, hand washing such like that and we have been known to just drain that water on our lawn when we get home. I suppose it could be drained into any reasonable area.

So, I think the cassette system makes sense for us. Gray water isn't a major issue.
+Quote Post
Murdog
post Nov 28 2016, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,285
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Northern Lite
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4x4 crew cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Ford F-250 Diesel 10,000 GVWR. modifications include; Extra Large rear sway bar, air bags, stable loads, Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks.

QUOTE(DA TOAD @ Jun 5 2016, 12:22 PM)
Looking at a Northstar 12 STC truck camper with the canister system for black water.  Has anyone one her used one of these?  Not sure if it is an advantage or disadvantage.  Capacity is around 4 gallons and then has to be emptied.  Yes you can probably empty in most any toilet anywhere.  I am thinking that you still need to have a place to go and empty your grey water so there is little advantage to the cassette/canister systems.  wink.gif

Opinions?  Actual experiences? smile.gif

Our biggest complaint about our camper is that it has a black tank and not a cassette. So much more convenient and easy to dump a cassette than a black tank. If you always stay in a campground with a dump station that doesn't get crowded then maybe a black tank is better. But for us we like to go to remote/primitive campgrounds, or just boon docking. Until I installed a sewer access in our driveway we always had to find a dump station on the way home and we still have to add "dumping" to the list of chores after a trip. Funny, if you go to Europe, where RV's are very popular, they are almost all equipped with cassette toilets.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:07 PM