post Oct 22 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,605
Favorite Truck Camper(s): 2011 Lance 992
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, Ext Cab, 6.0L
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac w/ Qwik-Loads
Truck and Camper Setup: TC pulled behind the truck on a gooseneck trailer

Lance has gotten out of the TC cover business and won??¢â??¬â??¢t recommend a cover for my 2011 Model 992. Camping World is currently running some sale prices on the ADCO line of covers and offers 3 different models ??¢â??¬â???? 12262, 63, and 64. All three covers come in the same width (104??¢â??¬????) and height (104??¢â??¬????). The only difference is the length which is either 192??¢â??¬????, 213??¢â??¬????, or 242??¢â??¬????. The Model 992 TC has the following dimensions: 222??¢â??¬???? L X 96??¢â??¬???? W X 113??¢â??¬???? H. So it looks like on the surface that none of their covers will fit due to the width of the Model 992 being 9??¢â??¬???? wider than the cover width.

I got the same story from ADCO. No recommendations other than to measure my TC and buy the one that will fit. Don??¢â??¬â??¢t you just love what liability fear has done for us? You just can??¢â??¬â??¢t get anybody to commit to anything these days.

So that leaves me no other choice than to put the question to you kind folks. Without committing to an actual recommendation (don??¢â??¬â??¢t forget that liability fear thingy), are any of you willing to share your own experiences with a cover on a Lance Model 992 TC?

--------------------
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 75 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." - Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." = Dr. Seuss

user posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:24 AM