post Apr 17 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,427
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Fleetwood
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: '96 f350 'stroker
Type of Tiedowns used: custom
Truck and Camper Setup: just bought a Fleetwood Caribou 11j

I am in search of info. on a 1999 Fleetwood Caribou. I see that there is an indicater light installed in the camper for solar but no solar panel. The previous owner never had solar on it and was never interested in solar. I am. If any one has information on this I would appreciate some input. Also, I have searched the web for any and all info. on the camper like construction type (aluminum or wood framing) and such. I did get the owners manual but it is generic and gives no information except the basics which I already know being a camper owner for several years. I am going to call some of the dealers and maintenance shops to see if they have anything.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fastmtnbiker
post Feb 7 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,837
Favorite Truck Camper(s): any model in which I can stand w/o hitting my head
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2007 GMC Sierra 3500HD dually quad cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac rear, torklift front
Truck and Camper Setup: GMC Sierra 3500HD dually quad cab (stock), 2001 Fleetwood Caribou 9n

I can't believe nobody has responded to this.

I just picked up a 2001 Caribou and it has the same indicator light. I haven't checked it yet, but I'm assuming it's pre-wired for solar. If you could trace the wire from it, I bet it would go to the roof. I Haven't checked my roof for a wire, but I bet it's up there somewhere.

I have no interest in solar as the good panels are pretty expensive and I'd just spend that on diesel to get me to the next location and charge my batteries on the way.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 AM