Freespool
post Apr 30 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

The word from TCM is that Rugged Mountain will be previewing a new larger model in May. I spoke with the company and was assured they are working hard to make there May release date. I can't wait to see how there offerings stack up against Northstar's STC. Offering a wood framed, non slide 11-12 footer with a thoughtful interior lay out as well as the right weight for today's 1 ton diesel crews and a price that won't choke us blue collar types should attract many old school camper types like me. My fingers are crossed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Freespool
post Jul 7 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Well it's out. Take a look at the new Granite from Rugged Mountain. I am hoping for a more comprehensive review in the future but for now it looks like they hit the mark. I really like the departure they have made from the standard truck camper. With a few changes and a couple tweaks this unit could attract a lot of attention. I prefer the bath room and the dinette in the Granite over the offering's from the STC by Northstar. The tank size also makes more since in the Granite. There is little doubt that Rex, owner of Northstar has paid close attention to the criticism his product received from Truck Camper Magazine. It will be very interesting to see if the next model year STC addresses there concerns and if The Granite improves on an already good 1st attempt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:37 AM