Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> new to rvs and campers, what to get

demoncroft
post May 14 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 140

hi i have to tell you that I don't know much about truck campers and what fits what vehicle, but I was planning on buying the NISSAN TITAN, and was wondering if there is anycamper that I could use on this truck. Its the nicest truck I have seen it has some great lines on it. does anyone have any ideas for me. singed newbie.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
beddows
post May 17 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 101

I believe the Nissan Titan is a 1/2 ton truck. This severely limits you to what type of camper you could put on it, if in fact it is designed to hold a camper at all. The best you will do is a pop up. If you are serious about a truck camper, get an American truck, preferably a 1 ton.

Paul Beddows
President
North American Truck Camper Owners Assoc.
www.natcoa.com

--------------------
Paul Beddows
North American Truck Camper Owners
Terry (wife) & Tomas (Dog)
Abbotsford BC, Canada

2004 Silverado 3500 Dmax DRW
2008 Snow River 10.8 Prestige Signature edition
Honda Eu2000i
Coleman Polar Cub A/C
Homemade 8 x 4 x 2 Utility Trailer

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
+Quote Post
f250gulfportflorida
post May 25 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 125

QUOTE(demoncroft @ May 14 2006, 04:41 PM)
hi i have to tell you that I don't know much about truck campers and what fits what vehicle, but I was planning on buying the NISSAN TITAN, and was wondering if there is anycamper that I could use on this truck. Its the nicest truck I have seen it has some great lines on it. does anyone have any ideas for me. singed newbie.

I would get the truck that fits the size camper you want. I would go to the camper dealership and find the camper you want and ask what size truck and what length bed do you need. Some truck campers need only a 6 foot bed, others need an 8 ft. I suggest a ford f250 crew cab and then decide what size camper you want for the bed size. I have a Lance 845 with needs a 6 ft bed. I have a f250 crew cab and I love it.

Good luck
Mike
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Jun 24 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

QUOTE(demoncroft @ May 14 2006, 02:41 PM)

I have to agree with gulfport, make sure what size camper you can live with and then buy the truck you need to haul it. cool.gif

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post
jegssr
post May 20 2007, 01:47 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 649
Favorite Truck Camper(s): northwood
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 03 Dodge dually Cummins 4WDquad cab
Type of Tiedowns used: custom
Truck and Camper Setup: 03 Cummins, 02 Arctic Fox slider, custom hitches and custom tiedowns

Don't buy a truck for how it looks, buy one for what it does! I have a Tundra for car quality ride and occasional truck use, and a one ton Cummins diesel for heavy hauling and camping.
+Quote Post
meredog
post Jan 13 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,025
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Star Craft
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 06 Dodge dually w cummins
Type of Tiedowns used: custom (belly bars w chains
Truck and Camper Setup: 1 Ton w/airbags

QUOTE(jegssr @ May 20 2007, 06:47 PM)
Don't buy a truck for how it looks, buy one for what it does! I have a Tundra for car quality ride and occasional truck use, and a one ton Cummins diesel for heavy hauling and camping.

I agree---I have had them all and the last two and the next one were Dodge w/ the cummins diesel. I have an 06 now that i have put 143000 on with a camper on it towing a 34' trailer primarily on Interstaes and to date all i have done to it is replaced front and rear u joints.
+Quote Post
lancerk
post Jun 6 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,163
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: Ram 3500 dually, 4x4, quadcab
Type of Tiedowns used: Happijac/qwik loads
Truck and Camper Setup: 3500, airbags, antisway, heavyduty springs, 48"extension bar on ClassV hitch, Lance 1191, 11ft ATV trailer in tow

QUOTE(meredog @ Jan 13 2009, 03:49 PM)
I agree---I have had them all and the last two and the next one were Dodge w/ the cummins diesel.  I have an 06 now that i have put 143000 on with a camper on it towing a 34' trailer primarily on Interstaes and to date all i have done to it is replaced front and rear u joints.

I'm curious about your Dodge with 14300 on it. We just bought a Lance 1191 and a Dodge 3500 dually with Cummins 6.7. Dodge says my GVWR is 12200; our weight was 14000! (that's including the tongue weight of our ATV trailer). Sounds like we are at least 1800 over max allowable weight, and we are looking at downsizing! How did you reconcile your 14,300 - I assume your GVWR is about the same as ours? Do you experience "rocking"? We were on some roads where we felt we might fall off the edge of the cliff! We loved moving from our tent to a camper, but this is nerve-racking and frustrating. Lalnce says the 1191 can be carried on a 3500 dually, but something isn't adding up..
Thanx.
+Quote Post
LindaH
post Jun 7 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,829
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Eagle Cap
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually (Cummins engine)
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift w/Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: Eagle Cap 950, 2 100-watt solar panels, 2 6-volt AGM batteries, 1000-watt pure sine wave inverter, Motosat Executive satellite TV dish, Torklift 5-step Glow Steps.

QUOTE(lancerk @ Jun 6 2009, 02:03 PM)
How did you reconcile your 14,300 - I assume your GVWR is about the same as ours?

Meredog didn't say his truck weighed 14,300# with the camper on it...he said he'd put 143,000 MILES on the truck since he got the camper.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:20 PM