sirjamin
post Jul 6 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,525
Favorite Truck Camper(s): lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2001 S10 v6 ext cab 2x4
Type of Tiedowns used: currently just tie doun straps
Truck and Camper Setup: 1988 conestoga 7ft on a 01 S10 v6 ext cab. I have just been using some tie down straps but I am in the market for some real tie downs. I have heavy duty helper springs installed and my trick rides level.

I have a 1988 conestoga 7ft TC on my 01 s10 6 2x4 that I have been rebuilding slowly (using it at the same time to camp).

It did leak a little when I got it. I used some brush on rv sealent on the roof and some eternabond tape on the front of the camper to stop it from leaking. It has done its job but is only temporary.

I have redone the whole inside of this camper including rebuilding the floor and replacing a panel in the ceiling that was rotted(the frame was ok) I have replaced all appliances. I am now ready to work on the outside.

I plan on removing the front bed window. there is some rot under that window that I figure I can get to easily to replace if I take the whole window out (I dont like a window there anyways) so I plan on framing a wall there after I remove the siding and window in the front. I then plan on ordering a custom piece of siding that I can put back on that does not have the hole for the window. I then plan on eternabonding all the seams up front and adding new moulding.

I plan on taking all of the windows out and adding new butyl tape.

I really want to use this white rhino line stuff on the outside of the whole camper. I have found it cheap on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRAY-BEDLI...sQ5fAccessories

I think I can do this. I just need to prep the whole camper right. I think this stuff would be great on a camper. It would add a little bit of weight, but I am ok with it. My wife usually takes the kids and the car packed full of stuff when we go camping so I dont have alot of weight. I think it would also seal all of the cracks around the camper.

So could anyone give me any advice on this? Will this work? What would be the easiest way the get the paint/sealent off of the siding and roof? I dont really want to sand blast it... Are there special wheel type stripping pads that I can buy and use on a angle grinder?

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:53 AM