IPB
Truck Camper Parts

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Matching camper to F250, Supercab, short bed., Is there a slide lite enuf for me.

cedarbreaksfarm
post Dec 12 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,609
Favorite Truck Camper(s): northern-lite at the moment
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F250, 4x4, gas, super crew, shortbed
Type of Tiedowns used: N/A
Truck and Camper Setup: To be determined.

Nearing retirement. Just got my husband to buy the biggest truck he is comfortable with. It is a 2015 F250 4x4 Supercab, short bed. The truck has to double as farm truck. I've looked around and can't find a camper with a slide that this truck can safely carry. Am I correct?

Also, Have looked for best camper manufacturer to maximize amenities at lowest weight. Don't think a pop up will work for us because a toilet and shower is a must. Kind of leaning toward Northern-lite. Suggestions? Kindly advice? Would love to make this jump without a newbie error! Thanks in advance for your advice..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spanky
post Dec 13 2015, 05:05 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 144
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance 1030
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually SuperCab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Super Cab 1 ton Dually Lance 1030 Torklift tiedowns

I would have went with a long bed. Shortbed is gonna cut your choices down quite a bit. Also there are many popups with toilet and showers.

--------------------
1999 F350 Power Stroke Dually Super Cab, 2003 Lance 1030
+Quote Post
B Davis
post May 28 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,943
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Lance
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-350 4x4
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift
Truck and Camper Setup: F350, Lance 855s

Consider Lance 855s with some suspension mods
+Quote Post
Freespool
post Jul 23 2016, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,975
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Still deciding
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2016 GMC3500dualyy4x4diesel
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift with Fastguns
Truck and Camper Setup: The plan will utilize a 3500 GMC with a 11 or 12' TC with a full compliment of Torklift hitch components and tie downs. Stable loads if needed will be installed.

Welcome to the truck camping world. The 2500 and 250 model in general are nice and very popular but they do not offer high payload numbers. The best piece of advice I can give you both is to learn all about the numbers and also to weigh your truck. Once you understand camper talk choosing the appropriate size camper will be easy. GVWR and GCVWR are the two most common references. The first simply applies to your max weight for truck,camper,people,gear and tongue weight. The latter will be higher since it includes what you are pulling. Look for the sticker in the drivers door jamb, it will give the basic number for GVWR. First things first though, weigh your truck so you know exactly what the number is. North star and Northern lights are both fine non slide campers. Lance and Northwood both offer slide and non slide campers that will work with your truck. I would go with a North star unit if I did not want a slide. I wanted a large camper with a large slide so I went with the Northwood product. There are at least 10 different models that will suit your needs. Take your time and learn about everything before you lay down your hard earned cash, many people are not sufficiently informed and go right out and buy a camper that is to big for there truck, that can be an expensive lesson.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:03 AM