post Aug 11 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,637
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Beaver
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: F-250 XLT 4WD 7.3D
Type of Tiedowns used: Stablelift
Truck and Camper Setup: Stablelift

We have a F 250 XLT 4WD super duty 7.3 diesel year 2000 .8 Ft bed.extra cab. We are down in Costa Rica so we only have one chance to buy the air bags.

We are investigating in Air lift and Firestone (because we realized they are the easiest to install) about which air bags to use to put a truck camper on the pick up but we still have doubts about the air bag model we need. blink.gif

we already talked to the people from the airlift support, but the model they recomended is not available in any online shop. mad.gif

Could anybody recomend any air bags for that aplication for our type of truck?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KY_Campers
post Aug 11 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,413
Favorite Truck Camper(s): .....
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: ......
Type of Tiedowns used: .......
Truck and Camper Setup: .........

QUOTE(Beto @ Aug 11 2010, 06:40 PM)
We have a F 250 XLT 4WD super duty 7.3 diesel year 2000 .8 Ft bed.extra cab. We are down in Costa Rica so we only have one chance to buy the air bags.

We are investigating in Air lift and Firestone (because we realized they are the easiest to install) about which air bags to use to put a truck camper on the pick up but we still have doubts about the air bag model we need.  blink.gif

we already talked to the people from the airlift support, but the model they recomended is not available in any online shop.  mad.gif

I have the ''Firestone airbags'' on my F-150.... I had to put airbags on because I tow a boat when we go camping.... The camper makes my truck squat, but when I hook the boat up and load all my gear, Then the truck would really squat!....Especially when the wife loads her gear!!! LOL

The airbags have been great!.... They will hold 100lb. of air, but I only have to put 60 to 70lbs. of air to get my truck level.

This is like mine...(but is a little different in the mounting bracket)

JCWhitney ''Air Adjustable Helper Springs''

You ''might'' have to go with this set below...(since you have a 2000 F-250...''Not Sure''??)

JCWhitney ''Loadlifter-5000-Adjustable Air Springs''

Hope that helps!.....and Good Luck!

--------------------
. . . .
+Quote Post
DMAC
post Aug 11 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,553
Favorite Truck Camper(s): Amerigo
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2001 F-350 SRW 4X4 crew cab
Type of Tiedowns used: Torklift front/ Homemade rear
Truck and Camper Setup: 2001 F-350: Ride Rite Air Bags, Torklift Tiedowns, Front cooler rack. 1976 Amerigo Totally Restored to 2010 specs, fully loaded.

I bought the "no drill" Ride Rite from Adventure Rv.net cheapest around and they work excellent.
Dave
+Quote Post
drjay
post Oct 9 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,845
Favorite Truck Camper(s): okanagan
Type and Brand of Truck(s) Owned: 2008 dodge quad cab 3500 sb srw
Type of Tiedowns used: torklift front happijac rear
Truck and Camper Setup: ram 3500, super sway stops, timbren rubber overloads, bilstein shocks, curt industrial class v underneat oem hitch with okanagan 90 w

QUOTE(Beto @ Aug 11 2010, 05:40 PM)

We are investigating in Air lift and Firestone (because we realized they are the easiest to install) about which air bags to use to put a truck camper on the pick up but we still have doubts about the air bag model we need.  :blink:

we already talked to the people from the airlift support, but the model they recomended is not available in any online shop.  :angry:

try timbren rubber overload springs they go in the same place as airbags and you never have to worry about air leaks. Mine seam to be fairly progressive so when I'm lightly loaded they arent too bouncy.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:47 PM